LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 164 users in the forums

This team is poorly coached!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers under Harbaugh are 1-2-1 after their bye week. All 4 games were at home. The one win was against Cleveland. 1 loss and 1 tie vs the Rams.

Sorry but a top tier coaching staff with 2 weeks to prep and "self evaluate" doesn't have their team come out and look so unprepared.

This team is one of the most talented in the league and to see them waste their talent like this and play down to their competition is infuriating.

49ers can win every game they have on their schedule but they can also lose any game...makes no difference if they're playing a 7-1 team or 1-7 team.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah only problem you can make with the defensive coaches is fangio is some times a little too conservative and doesn't blitz. That being said not much compared to the mile long list I could go on about every offensive coach minus Rathman.

Totally!

Yup. There isn't a coach on offense I am a fan of beside Rathman. Have always felt our olines recent fame was undeserved because while they could sometimes be dominant blockers, they never have been better than average at pass pro. We don't develop at any position on offense besides RB, and some on OL tho that seems to have slowed with the departure of Drevno.

What sucks is Harbaugh is going to end up losing his job because if his pig headed sense of loyalty and his inability to catch up to the modern NFL offensive game.
…and that has a great impact on the ineffectiveness of the OL. Instead of shorter routes and coaching Kaepernick to hit his 5th step and get the ball out, he continues with deeper routes and long snap counts that allow the defense time to adjust and bring pressure.

In tonight's game we saw how effectively Todd Haley adjusted plays and drops for Big Ben after the first half sacks that allowed him to have another crazy good game. We saw none of those adjustments in the 49er game.

I saw that also,Big Ben was getting Rid of the ball quickly like 2.2-2.6 seconds,It just shows that keap has not really been coached like he should be and theplay calling does not fit His skill-level nor would it fit any QB play-level unless you are in college where you can have that extra 4-5 seconds to through the ball,as you noticed Captain Cheesehead Roman don't use quick slants nor do he use skinny post routes very seldom do you see curls and comebacks...what you do see is passes in the freaking backfield that fools no one and a 1000 7 yards out routes to the sidelines and 300 short go routes and 50 runs up the middlewhen the defense has 8-9 men in the box ,did that just about cover it,Idid'nt leave anything out did I?
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Yeah only problem you can make with the defensive coaches is fangio is some times a little too conservative and doesn't blitz. That being said not much compared to the mile long list I could go on about every offensive coach minus Rathman.

Totally!

Yup. There isn't a coach on offense I am a fan of beside Rathman. Have always felt our olines recent fame was undeserved because while they could sometimes be dominant blockers, they never have been better than average at pass pro. We don't develop at any position on offense besides RB, and some on OL tho that seems to have slowed with the departure of Drevno.

What sucks is Harbaugh is going to end up losing his job because if his pig headed sense of loyalty and his inability to catch up to the modern NFL offensive game.
…and that has a great impact on the ineffectiveness of the OL. Instead of shorter routes and coaching Kaepernick to hit his 5th step and get the ball out, he continues with deeper routes and long snap counts that allow the defense time to adjust and bring pressure.

In tonight's game we saw how effectively Todd Haley adjusted plays and drops for Big Ben after the first half sacks that allowed him to have another crazy good game. We saw none of those adjustments in the 49er game.

I saw that also,Big Ben was getting Rid of the ball quickly like 2.2-2.6 seconds,It just shows that keap has not really been coached like he should be and theplay calling does not fit His skill-level nor would it fit any QB play-level unless you are in college where you can have that extra 4-5 seconds to through the ball,as you noticed Captain Cheesehead Roman don't use quick slants nor do he use skinny post routes very seldom do you see curls and comebacks...what you do see is passes in the freaking backfield that fools no one and a 1000 7 yards out routes to the sidelines and 300 short go routes and 50 runs up the middlewhen the defense has 8-9 men in the box ,did that just about cover it,Idid'nt leave anything out did I?

The people who are on the it's Kap bandwagon would have you believe Kap is supposed to correct these issues himself, step up in the pocket when the pressure comes almost immediately, and maybe even do a little bit of pass blocking. I've even read posts about how Kap handicaps Greg Roman because of his limitations. It's ridiculous. And all of this while our former backup QB (Colt McCoy) lead his team to victory of the Dallas Cowboys last week. Yea, obviously it's the QB .
i cant remember a time when we came out in so many "empty" sets with no rb
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Totally!

The people who are on the it's Kap bandwagon would have you believe Kap is supposed to correct these issues himself, step up in the pocket when the pressure comes almost immediately, and maybe even do a little bit of pass blocking. I've even read posts about how Kap handicaps Greg Roman because of his limitations. It's ridiculous. And all of this while our former backup QB (Colt McCoy) lead his team to victory of the Dallas Cowboys last week. Yea, obviously it's the QB .
I'm still waiting on those Crabtree Glasses son.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for jrouter4949.

Totally!

I'm still waiting on those Crabtree Glasses son.

Totally!

So you are a Roman fan also,you must have 2 pair of glasses,one from Crabs and one pair from Roman, surely you do because Now you can't see Uncle Cheesehead's limitations either and YET90 percent of the fanbase see Uncle Cheesehead's Limitations,WOW amazing.

Totally!

It's 50% on CK, right?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Jim Harbaugh is checked out. You could see it, feel it. He is not improving the team the last 2 years. I think a complete overhaul and sweep of GM and coach are inline. How the Freak do you have a Boatload of Draft picks the last 2 Drafts (13' & 14') and come away with utter Garbage (Tank,Macdonald,Lemon,Patton,Ward,Brandon Tomas,Marcus Martin).

Roman is a dumb unqualified twinkie inhaler and JH has turned into a drama king. And Balk is so not a good GM. I'm tired of people saying "He nailed the Drafts" Well where is the talent? All those picks and NOT ONE Rookie standout except maybe a 5th rounder in Lynch?????

Baalke still riding that success wave of netting Harbaugh. Other than that, he really hasn't done s**t. Only reason we got Boldin for so cheap was the Harbaugh connection.

Other than Eric Reid the 2013 draft has been a dissapointment. Tank, McDonald and Lemonier have been dissapointments so far but the jury is still out on them. It doesn't look good but all hope is not lost yet.

This past draft I have to dissagree. I wasn't a big fan of picking Ward. I would have rather drafted Roby of traded back and drafted Tuitt. Hyde in the 2nd rd looks pretty good. Martin in the 3rd rd has promise. Borland looked very good against the rams. Thomas we have not seen yet. We got Johnson and Ellington in the 4th rd and they look good especially for 4th rd picks and Llynch in the 5th rd looks like a steal. The other players drafted later we won't see until next season.

Every GM has draft dissapointments.
Share 49ersWebzone