There are 132 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Yes, it's BS. There's even an article on PFT about the Offensive PI call and how it turned the game.

Where was the righteous indignation when Lloyd got called for Offensive PI against the Bears, or all the BS calls during the Arizona game. These so-called experts are a bunch of basement dwelling trolls with a hard-on for everything anti-Niner.

Apparently this season is truly us against the world.
Originally posted by tonysmith11:
Anyone else annoyed with the constant referral to the Jared Cook OPI call? They talk like that was the turning point.

I didn't hear one mention of the play where Kap lofted to Boldin on 3rd down and Jenkins had his arm across both of Boldin's arms but all the announcers could come up with was how great a defensive stop it was.

The other call that was mentioned was when Jenkins dragged Crabtree down on the back shoulder pass.

Overall I was glad the referees didn't have more of an influence on the game.

The Rams got screwed by the refs. There were bad calls and non-calls on both sides, but the drive extending timing of the bad calls in our favor really killed the Rams and their chances in this game.
Originally posted by WINiner:
The Rams got screwed by the refs. There were bad calls and non-calls on both sides, but the drive extending timing of the bad calls in our favor really killed the Rams and their chances in this game.

I disagree that that penalty had anymore effect than any other bad call this season. They were still ahead 14-3 at the time, it was a terrible penalty but no different than blaming the zebras for every teams loses, every week.

But that's probably my homer colored glasses talking.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran

I disagree that that penalty had anymore effect than any other bad call this season. They were still ahead 14-3 at the time, it was a terrible penalty but no different than blaming the zebras for every teams loses, every week.

This - they are 14-3 up, the PI was a bad call but it was hardly a momentum turner. They are making a big deal of it to cover the Jenkins blown cover on Lloyd which was the turning point.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
Perfect ball by Kaep. Eat it, haters.

Not even close to perfect, but good enough.
the turning point was letting Lloyd get behind their dbs and scoring before the end of the half.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Oct 14, 2014 at 11:45 AM ]
Not sure why we continue to start games like its preseason--that is going to bite us in the a** against Denver. And, while I loved the win and the way we pulled it out, some of the play calling was just terrible--the Rams were in this game all the way to the end, and they shouldnt have been. That said, we some sick offensive moments this week--impressive--and the D keeps rising to the occasion.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
Perfect ball by Kaep. Eat it, haters.

Not even close to perfect, but good enough.

Lloyd had 2 yards on his guy, he caught the ball and continued upfield with two yards on his guy. What more do you want? Go watch some footage of Joe Montana and re-tune your perception of "perfect."
Originally posted by tonysmith11:
Anyone else annoyed with the constant referral to the Jared Cook OPI call? They talk like that was the turning point.

I didn't hear one mention of the play where Kap lofted to Boldin on 3rd down and Jenkins had his arm across both of Boldin's arms but all the announcers could come up with was how great a defensive stop it was.

The other call that was mentioned was when Jenkins dragged Crabtree down on the back shoulder pass.

Overall I was glad the referees didn't have more of an influence on the game.

They should've been pushed back 10 yards on the TD run for the date rape holding on Dahl.

The call against Cook was bad, but it wasn't out of nowhere. He ran straight into the DB, past the 5 yard limit, then broke left immediately after disengaging from contact. He didn't extend his arms for the classic OPI look, but if the official believed that the intentional contact helped him get open easier, he can call the foul. Ticky-tac for sure, but not just made up.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I don't think we've played a D thats overall rated high have we? As high as the Rams D is rated I would have to think the Denver D is waaaay better than the Rams.

I would have to think that the last time DEN played a defense that was rated as high as ours or at least last year they played SEA and got manhandled aside from some late game garbage time points. Now we are coming in dinged up but with a top rated defense and an excellent road team. We have a chance to get a win no matter the odds

The injuries on D is what might hurt us in this matchup though. This is a game where the Offense might have to win this. I can see the niner D maybe limiting Peyton for a quarter or two but the offense WILL need to score points and play keep away with the Denver offense.
Agree, and that Denver D is much better than the lambs D.

This is a game that most people already marked as a loss for the niners. I think if the offense can win TOP and put up points, the niners have a good chance at winning this game. I can tell you this though, if Denver puts up 14 in the 1st quarter to the niners 0 then I think we'll be in trouble.

• thl408
Originally posted by Buchy:

This - they are 14-3 up, the PI was a bad call but it was hardly a momentum turner. They are making a big deal of it to cover the Jenkins blown cover on Lloyd which was the turning point.

The post game show aired the all22 view of this play and the coverage call was extremely moronic. They rotated the safety down to cover (I think) VD. This left Jenkins one on one. That should never have been the case. Yes Jenkins blew it by falling for the double move, but in that situation, there must always be a deep safety in case something stupid like that happens.

Sometime during the game, they aired a stats saying it was the first TD of 80+ yards in the final minute of a half, since like 1940 or something. Touchdowns on Hail Marys happen, so that's like 50-60 yards, but nothing at 80 yards. lol Rams.
They should've been pushed back 10 yards on the TD run for the date rape holding on Dahl.

The call against Cook was bad, but it wasn't out of nowhere. He ran straight into the DB, past the 5 yard limit, then broke left immediately after disengaging from contact. He didn't extend his arms for the classic OPI look, but if the official believed that the intentional contact helped him get open easier, he can call the foul. Ticky-tac for sure, but not just made up.

Agreed about the call on Cook. The DB has a right to his spot if he's established himself. Cook can't just plow into the guy at that point, otherwise you'd see receivers knocking down linebackers all game. That being said, I think more often than not a flag doesn't come out here.
Play clock management was actually great in this game. I only remember 1 time they were close to getting an unintentional delay of game.
After the first quarter, they realized they were playing the Rams...game over!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
After the first quarter, they realized they were playing the Rams...game over!

And their 4th string QB
Share 49ersWebzone