LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 389 users in the forums

The Sky is Falling!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • CMIO
Originally posted by NJ49er:
Don't throw in the towel just yet, boys. Yes, it looks very bad now. Yes, I'm freaking pissed off and discouraged. But let's look at the situation. We're playing without many of the best players on the team (Bowman, Aldon, Vernon, etc.). Everything stacked against us (including refs and sometimes our own damn coaches) and we're still in the game and competitive. The Cardinals are not winning the division. Let's get real. They will come back to earth and the Seahawks are very beatable, with their share of problems. So nothing is over. This team is going to take a while to gel, but coming up on the 2nd half of the season we will be hitting our stride and getting our key guys back for a stretch run. We just have to stay within striking distance (and pray that that either the pass rush or the coverage rounds into form - hopefully both). Eagles game this weekend is very big. I won't say it's over if we lose, but if we get into a 3 game hole, it will be very tough sledding.

When you're in the first quarter of the season, and your games become MUST WINS, then you're already in a heap of trouble.

Lets be real. IF we lose to Philly, we will be 1-3 with NO, SEA, and Den games coming up. Assuming we win all the other games this season (doubtful), chances are we will go 1-2 against those 3. In other words, a loss to Philly pretty much knocks us out of the playoff race barring a miracle. Bowman, Smith, etc become academic additions if we're already out of the race come midseason.
[ Edited by CMIO on Sep 21, 2014 at 7:47 PM ]
Turn the clock back to last season...we started 1-2. That was WITH Dorsey, Bowman and Aldon. Is there some reason for concern...yes. Has this team shown the resiliency to right the ship before: yes. Will they do it again: history says yes. When times get tough, the tough get going.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We still have time to put this thing together and make the playoffs. Screw homefield advantage, Seattle will probably get that. If we get our s**t together, we should be able to beat anyone, on the road or at home. We've got the talent and coaching to do it, we just have to make the proper adjustments, get our key players back and we'll be rolling come January. But, it's got happen soon.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Turn the clock back to last season...we started 1-2. That was WITH Dorsey, Bowman and Aldon. Is there some reason for concern...yes. Has this team shown the resiliency to right the ship before: yes. Will they do it again: history says yes. When times get tough, the tough get going.

My concern isn't about the defense. Alot of us knew the defense was going to be what it is now without those star players. I'm not even going to argue about penalties because it is what it is. Refs won't change, the players need to change. Some of those penalties are legit and you can't argue that. The unsportsmanlike flags on Boldin and Culli, although were ticky tacky, were legit after seeing the replays.

My concern is the offense and its consistency. If the offense can score points and keep scoring points, the defensive issues aren't highlighted as much.
Hopefully Arizona gets homefield. Cards fans talking mad s**t demanding respect for that victory might want to hold their tongues until they play Seattle. They won't be gifted 140 free yards every game. The 49ers just aren't very good right now and they barely eeked out a victory at home. Surprised they didn't give Arians a Gatorade shower afterwards
Originally posted by mayo49:
We still have time to put this thing together and make the playoffs. Screw homefield advantage, Seattle will probably get that. If we get our s**t together, we should be able to beat anyone, on the road or at home. We've got the talent and coaching to do it, we just have to make the proper adjustments, get our key players back and we'll be rolling come January. But, it's got happen soon.

This. Home field advantage isn't happening but once we get all our players back this team can beat any team anywhere. The turnaround begins this Sunday!!
Originally posted by znk916:
seriously guys, we lost to Drew Stanton

this team isn't going anywhere without some massive changes
And the 2013 Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks came within a goal line stand of losing to Kellen Clemens and the Rams last season. It means nothing.

We were 1-2 last year. I think we'll be fine. I expect to make the playoffs this season. We're adding two elite players in the second half to our defense plus Glenn Dorsey.
Originally posted by theduke85:
And the 2013 Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks came within a goal line stand of losing to Kellen Clemens and the Rams last season. It means nothing.

We were 1-2 last year. I think we'll be fine. I expect to make the playoffs this season. We're adding two elite players in the second half to our defense plus Glenn Dorsey.

I hope that by the time those players come back it won't be too late! we must win and we must do it now! we gave away the last two games and the referees had a lot do do with it.. take away few penalties and we win both games!
Share 49ersWebzone