There are 104 users in the forums

The officiating during our last 2 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Got home from work yesterday and turned the game on in the 1st quarter..........first thing I see when tv turns on is a ref announcing a penalty lol
Goodell need to get the f**k out
Dial gets fined over $16,000 for what is a ref's overreaction penalty IMO which isn't much less than the $20-grand Wilkerson of the Jets got for fighting, plus he was ejected. Yeah cause those 2 things are almost equal. Some seriously f**ked up officiating going on nowadays.
FYI - Jets also complaining about the refs taking 7 points off the board against Chicago...sounds very familiar. Congrats to the Chicago Bears who should be 0-3. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399568/article/jets-officials-took-touchdown-away-from-us-vs-bears
This is the new NFL. The NFL is dead IMO. This is not real football. They are turning this into a joke. You can drive all 80 yards without completing a play. What is fun, fair or right about that?

Welcome to flag football with hyper sensitive referees.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by BobS:
A lot of people in here fit the same mold, constantly complaining about the officiating, and claiming it is mostly unfair to the 49ers and helps their. opponents. Anytime the 49ers lose it was the refs fault, Seattle cheated or got help to win the Super Bowl, blah, blah, blah.

The people who say the refs are doing the best they can under the circumstances, and referees do not influence games are a rarity around here.

Yes, the refs are doing the best they can, but they do influence the games greatly. In only 2 weeks we've seen multiple calls that radically affect the final score.

I don't blame the refs, btw. I don't believe there is any malicious intent on their part. I blame the NFL and the owners for instituting these rule changes. It's made the job 100x harder for the refs, and mistakes are on the rise because of it.

The more the NFL tries to micro-manage the game, the more you will see bad calls influence football games.

And Yet we seem to be the only team that's having to deal with the most terrible calls, not like we're getting the same Refs everyweek. as you maybe some what right, but I don't see other teams getting it as bad as we are.

We've already said, some of the flags were deserved, but look at the ones that weren't.

I hate to use it as an excuse, but seriously though. We all know what we saw, and it just seems like no one cares about it.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by trogdor:
The officiating has been bad this year, maybe the NFL will finally go with full time officials if these clowns keep making a mess of things?

Not if it doesn't affect ratings. People need to understand the the NFL really doesn't give a s**t about games being called fairly.

Revenue >>>>>>>

Sad thing it's never going to change until people actually stop watching.......that's not going to happen...

For the 1st time in several years I did not watch any games after the Niners was over, including the Monday night games.

People WILL stop watching if this s**t continues.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
For the 1st time in several years I did not watch any games after the Niners was over, including the Monday night games.

i think you are an exception . i really do not think they will stop watching. it is deep in our dna and the nfl knows this
Originally posted by cciowa:

i think you are an exception . i really do not think they will stop watching. it is deep in our dna and the nfl knows this

This is absolutely garbage. I quit watching all other games and it's hard to watch the 49ers. You can go 80 yards without completing a play. The NFL has become a joke.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:

This is absolutely garbage. I quit watching all other games and it's hard to watch the 49ers. You can go 80 yards without completing a play. The NFL has become a joke.
oh i agree but i just do not think there will be a mass exodus of people no longer watching.. now if bud, nike or pepsi had the guts to pull its ads and stop supporting the nfl, then we have a different conversation.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is the new NFL. The NFL is dead IMO. This is not real football. They are turning this into a joke. You can drive all 80 yards without completing a play. What is fun, fair or right about that?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you!

It's almost like the refs are one read penalty callers.
I feel the same way. The NFL is now unwatchable.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Only game I watched of NFL all weekend was the Niners game and the last five minutes of the Patriots game. Didn't watch any of the night games for the first time ever.

The NFL sucks and its only going to get worse. Imagine how you will feel if we somehow make it to the playoffs. There's going to be a re-emphasis on the rules since the intensity of the games will increase and we'll be f**ked by multiple terrible calls. Its not worth the heartache.

You've been duped by the NFL because they think you are too chicken s**t not to watch. And there's always going to be the "its not refs or NFL blah blah blah" group who refuse to see what's right in their face. If you want change you gotta not watch and hurt the NFL's pocketbook but the NFL knows the general public is too weak to do it. So they'll continue laughing their way to the bank with your money.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Antix:
Only game I watched of NFL all weekend was the Niners game and the last five minutes of the Patriots game. Didn't watch any of the night games for the first time ever.

The NFL sucks and its only going to get worse. Imagine how you will feel if we somehow make it to the playoffs. There's going to be a re-emphasis on the rules since the intensity of the games will increase and we'll be f**ked by multiple terrible calls. Its not worth the heartache.

You've been duped by the NFL because they think you are too chicken s**t not to watch. And there's always going to be the "its not refs or NFL blah blah blah" group who refuse to see what's right in their face. If you want change you gotta not watch and hurt the NFL's pocketbook but the NFL knows the general public is too weak to do it. So they'll continue laughing their way to the bank with your money.

This if you don't like it quit watching. Pretty simple solution in my opinion. It's the only way your message will be heard. Still watching Niners only is still filling pocket books.

-The blah blah blah crowd
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
All our big defensive plays are now being called penalties.
Share 49ersWebzone