LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 310 users in the forums

2014 Roster cut down part two-75 to 53

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by communist:
I think that Cook AND Johnson won't happen. One of them will be be kept. The other one should be Morris because he is very fast.

I disagree. I see Johnson as a locK and see either Acker, Morris or Cook being dropped, possibly 2 of the 3 depending on how things shakedown.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
I hope Winston makes the 53. I'm tired of LMJ. He's just going to whine on twitter when Gore and Hyde get all the carries.

+1
Originally posted by btthepunk:
QB: Kaepernick, Gabbert, Johnson (3)
RB: Gore, Miller, Hyde, James, Winston (5)
WR: Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Patton, Ellington (5)
TE: Davis, McDonald, Carrier (3)
OL: Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Looney, Davis, Martin, Martin, Snyder, Seymour (9)

DL: Smith, Williams, Dial, McDonald, Carradine, Jerod-Eddie, Dorsey (7)
LB: Willis, Borland, Wilhoite, Moody, Brooks, Lemonier, Smith, Skuta, Lynch (9)
CB: Brock, Culliver, Cox, Cook, Johnson, Acker (6)
S: Reid, Bethea, Ward, McCray,(4)

ST: Lee, Dawson, McDermott (3)

Dorsey goes to IR as does Marcus Martin I could see Osgood and Lloyd coming back after week 1 so they won't have guaranteed money. Seymour (or Bykowski) gets cut if/when Boone comes back. If Johnson doesn't make it then Morris stays.

Pup, Nfi, and suspended players don't count against the 53 man roster.
So Martin, Bowman, Aldon, Dorsey, and all the injured guys don't count against the 53
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Aug 29, 2014 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by solidg2000:
So Martin, Bowman, Aldon, Dorsey, and all the injured guys don't count against the 53

We would have to put Martin on IR for the year, for him not to count against the 53. God I hope we don't do that. We NEED him this year.
QB: Kaepernick, Gabbert, Johnson (3)
RB: Gore, Miller, Hyde, James, Winston (5)
WR: Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Patton, Ellington (5)
TE: Davis, McDonald, Carrier (3)
OL: Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Looney, Davis, Martin, Martin, Snyder, Seymour (9)

DL: Smith, Williams, Dial, McDonald, Carradine, Jerod-Eddie, Dorsey (7)
LB: Willis, Borland, Wilhoite, Moody, Brooks, Lemonier, Smith, Skuta, Lynch (9)
CB: Brock, Culliver, Cox, Cook, Johnson, Acker (6)
S: Reid, Bethea, Ward, McCray,(4)

ST: Lee, Dawson, McDermott (3)

Dorsey goes to IR as does Marcus Martin I could see Osgood and Lloyd coming back after week 1 so they won't have guaranteed money. Seymour (or Bykowski) gets cut if/when Boone comes back. If Johnson doesn't make it then Morris stays.

Yeah, I have 54 players listed. Take out Dorsey, Martin, and Smith and add Lloyd and/or Osgood and Morris.
Not everyone is safe after they make the 53 we're going to have to cut some guys once Bowman, Aldon, Boone, Lattimore, and Dorsey come back
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Not everyone is safe after they make the 53 we're going to have to cut some guys once Bowman, Aldon, Boone, Lattimore, and Dorsey come back

More people will be hurt by then.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Well there goes our season of no more players getting hurt. All your fault man.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by communist:
I think that Cook AND Johnson won't happen. One of them will be be kept. The other one should be Morris because he is very fast.

I disagree. I see Johnson as a locK and see either Acker, Morris or Cook being dropped, possibly 2 of the 3 depending on how things shakedown.

Yep. No way Johnson gets cut. I think Morris is a goner.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Well there goes our season of no more players getting hurt. All your fault man.

We never stay healthy, I've already convinced myself to expect it.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

We would have to put Martin on IR for the year, for him not to count against the 53. God I hope we don't do that. We NEED him this year.

I do not think players on PUP list count against the 53-man roster.

Martin could be put on PUP and could return after 6 games.

While he is on PUP, would not count against the 53-man roster. He would not count until he is activated from the PUP.

Originally posted by buck:

While he is on PUP, would not count against the 53-man roster. He would not count until he is activated from the PUP.

You have to start and finish training camp on the PUP, and not be activated, to be eligible. Probably why we didn't activate Lattimore, so we could save a roster spot then activated him when needed/available later in the season.
[ Edited by mtminer on Aug 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:
Call it patronizing or whatever you want but when it comes to the bottom of the roster the Fans don't know what they are talking about. For every Marcus cooper there are 50 guys fans cried about getting cut to never be heard of again.

Are you a fan?

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mtminer:
Originally posted by buck:

You have to start and finish training camp on the PUP, and not be activated, to be eligible. Probably why we didn't activate Lattimore, so we could save a roster spot then activated him when needed/available later in the season.

Thank you for the clarification.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Johnson is a lock and I think morris and acker are keepers. They dont want a replay of last year with cooper

Cook has been decent this camp but I dont see much upside with him
Share 49ersWebzone