LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 345 users in the forums

Which player would be a bigger lose to their respective team

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which player would be a bigger lose to their respective team

I was just sitting here thinking and this came to mind while i was looking at sports feuds..

With the hatred between the two players (Crabtree and Sherman) lets say they get in a fight on the field and both get thrown out of the game. Which player would be a bigger loss to their team.
[ Edited by DeHubb on Aug 1, 2014 at 7:25 PM ]
I voted Crabtree. My reasoning is we saw the drop-off without him in the line-up. Part of that had to do with our lack of quality depth to make up for his absence, but a big part of it had to do with the fact that he is a baller. He's one of the most productive WRs in the game on a per pass play basis.

Sherman is very good at what he does, but I believe the Seahawks have created a system where the CB position is largely interchangeable. That's how they get a former CFL castoff like Brandon Browner, or another late-round pick like Byron Maxwell, to perform like shut-down corners from Day 1. It's a combination of their d-line rotation, safeties, and officials who are scared to throw the flag on every play, that allows their corners to perform like they do. I honestly think you can take Sherman out of the line-up with minimal drop-off.
*Loss

you were supposed to have spelt it "core"....
  • mod
  • Veteran
loss lose loose

this s**t aint hard man
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Sherman, he is a shut down corner whether zoners want to admit it or not. Crabtree isn't even top 10 at his position.
neither really imo

but if i had to pick one, i'd say sherman
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by BobS:
Sherman, he is a shut down corner whether zoners want to admit it or not. Crabtree isn't even top 10 at his position.

Crabtree is most certainly top ten. Before his achilles, once Kaep took over, he proved to be a top ten WR. Now that he's healthy again, he's going to be a difference maker. That said, Sherman is better at his position as he's elite. However, a CB is largely a result of the defense in front of them. I think WR is a more important position.

Exactly. Not so much a question of who is better at their respective position, but who is more difficult to replace on their respective team.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Crabtree is most certainly top ten. Before his achilles, once Kaep took over, he proved to be a top ten WR. Now that he's healthy again, he's going to be a difference maker. That said, Sherman is better at his position as he's elite. However, a CB is largely a result of the defense in front of them. I think WR is a more important position.

Exactly. Not so much a question of who is better at their respective position, but who is more difficult to replace on their respective team.

Yeah, Crabs, but it's close. The strength of that SEA defense, last season, was more so the D line depth, like you mentioned above. The strength of their secondary is Earl Thomas.

Last season, Crabs is easily the answer to this question. This season, with SJohnson and Lloyd on board, and a second year QP, a loss of Crabs wouldn't sting as badly imo. Losing Crabs still leaves the team with Boldin/SJ/Lloyd which is much better than Boldin/KWillams/Baldwin (ugh).
  • buck
  • Veteran
Why talk about a Seattle player in 49 talk?

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
*Loss

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
you were supposed to have spelt it "core"....

lol what's your deal

The bigger lose would definitely be Crabtree, but Shermy the Hermy got bigger loose lips downstairs... buhleev dat potna, buhleev dat
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yeah, Crabs, but it's close. The strength of that SEA defense, last season, was more so the D line depth, like you mentioned above. The strength of their secondary is Earl Thomas.

Last season, Crabs is easily the answer to this question. This season, with SJohnson and Lloyd on board, and a second year QP, a loss of Crabs wouldn't sting as badly imo. Losing Crabs still leaves the team with Boldin/SJ/Lloyd which is much better than Boldin/KWillams/Baldwin (ugh).

I'm thinking since we had to see what it was like last year it would be FAIR if Seattle see what it like this year with dick sherm and we will answer it next year at this time
I think we'd loss the game in the past when our receiving corps was relatively week. Now, I think the Hawks would loss.

lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I think we'd loss the game in the past when our receiving corps was relatively week. Now, I think the Hawks would loss.

lol

were buzzb is at?
Sherman is All Pro. Crabtree ain't yet! We went 6-4? Without Crabtree but when he returned we never lost another game home or away until the NFCCG debacle. I believe we went 8 games straight winning! I voted Sherman but as I've types this post I will say Crabtree because we've seen what 6-4 looks like in the NFCW and we don't get 8 home games at the CLink where opponents have been suffocated defensively. They now have a Tharold Simon they can put on that side if need be to play Sherman's role. Crabtree fully healthy is truly a difference maker for us
Share 49ersWebzone