There are 226 users in the forums

Trade VD

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Trade VD

Anything less than at least one good first round pick would make this a terrible trade for us. No future rookie is likely to replace Davis. I still don't think we pay him, but you're out of your mind if you think he will be traded
Unless u give me Jimmy Graham str8 up the answer is HELL NO!!!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Trade him even if Blaake

...and gosu!
Let Vernon hold out for as long as he wants. McDonald needs all the work he can get right now (especially on the Juggs machine).
Originally posted by dompernick53:
Let Vernon hold out for as long as he wants. McDonald needs all the work he can get right now (especially on the Juggs machine).

I agree with this! VD is a known quantity.
Work out a deal with the Patriots for Gronkowski. They may not be happy with him after all the issues last year, when they thought he was ready to play and he didn't.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Work out a deal with the Patriots for Gronkowski. They may not be happy with him after all the issues last year, when they thought he was ready to play and he didn't.

While were at it lets sign Mr Glass.
[ Edited by nflguy49 on Jun 18, 2014 at 11:43 AM ]
I'll vote for Yes, so the Seahawks can have a crack at him.
I'd trade him for Graham maybe, or Gronk if he is healthy..... Otherwise just wait till training camp and he will be back.

As much as he wants to make more money and work on his brand, he has no real leverage. He certainly can't afford to sit out the whole year, and the Niners can play a few games without him in the preseason if needed.
Originally posted by dugo:
I like Vernon.. so he's holding out for more cash and a little security ,thats not a stupid move ..How much more football does he have left at a high production..3-5 years max. Let him try to get paid,,,I mean its not like any of us are paying him so why even sweat whats going down..
The FO is holding all the chips anyway and they're not going to let him go ..bottom line is he's signed already and they'll decide whether to pay/extend him.. I don't get why people are are trippin on him trying to get a raise. And for the record ANYBODY can be traded for any reason at the right price....

I actually think its more than he just wants more money and security. He said he wants to be paid what he is worth. Didn't mention an extension, so that's not looking for security. Paid what he's worth? The biggest TE contract in NFL history? Think he is getting paid what he is worth. So what's the issue? Its his "brand" which I think translates to Fantex. They don't make more money off him, unless he makes more money. His "stock" won't go up, unless he makes more money than expected. That is why he is holding out now. I think this sends a very clear message that Vernon works for Fantex now. He is making decisions based on that and putting that before football. Next thing will be him short arming passes because it won't be in his brand's best interest to risk injury.

• kem99
  • Veteran
While I would prefer VD be at the mandatory mini-camp, it is not really that big of a deal until he decides to hold out from training camp. At this point, he didn't do the voluntary OTA's and is skipping this week's mini-camp that will cost him just under $70,000 in fines, which he can probably make up with his other business ventures. Once we get to training camp, I'd expect that he would report, say something along the lines that he wants a new contract but is here to work and win a SB and then it will be business as usual with him from that point forward.

He's too valuable to the 49ers to trade him and they wouldn't get fair value back given how tightly teams hold on to draft picks, not to mention it would hurt them this year. On Davis' side, he's under contract and it isn't going to help his brand to be incurring $30,000 per day fines for not reporting to training camp. It is going to be fine and I'd bet as much as he would like a new contract, what happened to Crabtree last year probably is a contributing factor to Davis not doing to voluntary OTA's or the mini-camp. By mid-August, this will be a distant memory with little to no effect on the season.

As for Boone, he will likely continue his holdout into training camp and it wouldn't surprise me if the 49ers ultimately decide to trade him and go with what they have if he remains steadfast in his position and refuses to report to training camp.
We won't get a first round pick for V. Davis. Maybe a 2nd. The drop off from him to McDonald is huge. So, no, we don't trade him.
you cant trade him, you'd get no value. its not about what he is worth, its about what other teams are willing to pay. do you really think boldin was worth a 6th or johnson a 4th? they're obviously better and more valuable than that. the team trading for VD would also be giving him the contract he desires or else the trade wouldnt happen, and the fact they'd have to pay him also factors into to what they'd offer you. i'll file this under typical wz over reaction.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's not even the franchise player, but NO....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I
please God make it stop!
Share 49ersWebzone