There are 262 users in the forums

Kaep, his new contract and the draft.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We used all of our draft picks picks and we have never done that under this regime. The reason being IMO is Kaeps new contract and what the affect it could have on the team. You HAVE to pay your franchise QB PERIOD. What you don't have to do is suffer from it if you draft correctly which is what I think Baalke is doing. We have a lot of our sizable contracts either coming to an end or we have lower priced, really good talent behind them. We have good rookie / 2nd year players that won't cost us immediately that probably can replace people like Iupati, McDonald, Justin Smith, Gore, Brooks and Anthony Davis if they play as projected. This won't happen right away but we are poised to do it IMO.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on May 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM ]
Who is Brooks Brooks?
Fixed
What we are going to see over the next few years is gloom and doom predictions based on the FAs we lose in the 14, 15, 16 off-seasons while we Niner fans will just grin knowing we already addressed those losses in 13, 14 &15.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
What we are going to see over the next few years is gloom and doom predictions based on the FAs we lose in the 14, 15, 16 off-seasons while we Niner fans will just grin knowing we already addressed those losses in 13, 14 &15.

I agree. I think Baalkes drafting is genius. The 'redshirting' of Carradine, Lattimore, Thomas etc allows us to get prime talent at subprime prices.
I cant fathom 49ers football without Gore. Fan since '87 but Gore has carried us thru those tough years. Im gonna miss him so much. I hope he is at least productive enough this year to not lose any carrys to a lack of production. And damn, can we get this man a ring this year?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I cant fathom 49ers football without Gore. Fan since '87 but Gore has carried us thru those tough years. Im gonna miss him so much. I hope he is at least productive enough this year to not lose any carrys to a lack of production. And damn, can we get this man a ring this year?

i think its awesome he gets a season to play in the new stadium
I guess me being excited about Hyde coming in got me thinking about ^^^^^.
Anthony Davis and Ahmad Brooks aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Don't understand why people think these guys get replaced right away.

Justin will play his deal out, and I can see him sticking around, as he hasn't lost it yet.

McDonald will be replaced after 2015 most likely.

Iupati is a goner, same for Crabs. And Gore also.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
We used all of our draft picks picks and we have never done that under this regime. The reason being IMO is Kaeps new contract and what the affect it could have on the team. You HAVE to pay your franchise QB PERIOD. What you don't have to do is suffer from it if you draft correctly which is what I think Baalke is doing. We have a lot of our sizable contracts either coming to an end or we have lower priced, really good talent behind them. We have good rookie / 2nd year players that won't cost us immediately that probably can replace people like Iupati, McDonald, Justin Smith, Gore, Brooks and Anthony Davis if they play as projected. This won't happen right away but we are poised to do it IMO.

we are not going to replace Brooks or Anthony Davis. Davis just got an extension, he's our young RT, he's staying put. Brooks has been a team guy, a great player and carries a lot of dead money. Plus it was rumored he took a pay cut or reneogiated in some way earlier this off season, I'm betting we hear something about that by training camp. We also aren't going to replace Justin Smith before he retires. Other than that, I agree with the premise of the thread, 2 interior OL mean Iupati can walk, Tank means Ray Mac can go, Ward means in a year or two or three we can get rid of Bethea and put Ward in his spot. Tons of flexibility.

I know this is off subject, but it would be a shame if this team doesn't win a Super Bowl because they're a great squad.
Kap has a new contract ?
I love when we draft a 4th rounder people think he's going to come in a steal the job away from a proven vet who was a 1st rounder for a very good reason. Maybe the UDFA QB we got can take Kaps job as well! You don't just replace Pro Bowlers at the drop of a hat because you think Trent drafts nothing but gold.

And we have yet to see any member of the all ACL team actually do anything. I won't bet 4-5 injured rookies just walk in and we don't lose a beat. While I'm hopeful they all make a full recovery, not everybody heals like Gore and Peterson.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

we are not going to replace Brooks or Anthony Davis. Davis just got an extension, he's our young RT, he's staying put. Brooks has been a team guy, a great player and carries a lot of dead money. Plus it was rumored he took a pay cut or reneogiated in some way earlier this off season, I'm betting we hear something about that by training camp. We also aren't going to replace Justin Smith before he retires. Other than that, I agree with the premise of the thread, 2 interior OL mean Iupati can walk, Tank means Ray Mac can go, Ward means in a year or two or three we can get rid of Bethea and put Ward in his spot. Tons of flexibility.

I don't know about the size of Davis' or Brooks contracts but my point being Baalke has set us up to be contenders for a long time if his strategy works. We would be able to replace good talent with equal talent at a much lower cost. Also, if Stevie Johnson is successful it doesn't bode well for Crabs getting a new deal.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I love when we draft a 4th rounder people think he's going to come in a steal the job away from a proven vet who was a 1st rounder for a very good reason. Maybe the UDFA QB we got can take Kaps job as well! You don't just replace Pro Bowlers at the drop of a hat because you think Trent drafts nothing but gold.

And we have yet to see any member of the all ACL team actually do anything. I won't bet 4-5 injured rookies just walk in and we don't lose a beat. While I'm hopeful they all make a full recovery, not everybody heals like Gore and Peterson.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Dude what the hell are you talking about?? Who said anything about replacing them NOW? They will be replaced and I GUARANTEE you that if any of these less expensive players show they can play as well as the guy in front of them they will also replace them. There is a saying in the league, 'Never let your backup get ANY reps, that's how you lose your job.
Share 49ersWebzone