There are 226 users in the forums

Who's going to be our KR/PR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's going to be our KR/PR?

• Chico
  • Veteran
With LMJ on the bubble, who do you think is going to take over?
Bruce Ellington!
Definitely Ellington. James is as good as gone.
I'm hoping Ellington shows enough to earn the job. James sadly hasn't worked out with us, despite showing some flashes as a returner.
I think L.J. McCray will get a shot as well, the UDFA safety they signed, has return experience, especially as a KR. Long shot but someone I'm keeping an eye on.
Does anyone have that list of players with production as K/PR attempts/yards/averages. There seemed like quite a few in our draft. Also, throw in the most experienced guy on our roster in Devon Wiley (looks very natural/quick & fast/decisive. He also plays the slot.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Does anyone have that list of players with production as K/PR attempts/yards/averages. There seemed like quite a few in our draft. Also, throw in the most experienced guy on our roster in Devon Wiley (looks very natural/quick & fast/decisive. He also plays the slot.

43 KO returns over his three years for an average of 22.7 yards and no TD's. He only returned 3 punts so it's a small sample.
Originally posted by crake49:

43 KO returns over his three years for an average of 22.7 yards and no TD's. He only returned 3 punts so it's a small sample.

Which one? Devon? There was a list, IIRC, that someone had of all the rookies we drafted and their stats on K/PR's.
Ellington . . . hopefully
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Ellington /thread

But Cox has a chance to beat Wright out for the final DB spot because of his reps as a PR. Sucks for another local guy to likely lose out on his spot but that is what we need, trim the fat, no room for sentimental feelings.

If Cook has anything to offer I think Wright is on the outs.

Which one? Devon? There was a list, IIRC, that someone had of all the rookies we drafted and their stats on K/PR's.

Those are the stats for Ellington.
Found it...s/h known it was my man, buck:

Originally posted by buck: Here is a brief look at what the rookie defensive backs bring to the table.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/178462-whats-up-at-cb/page6/#reply
PR is the real concern

KR we could get away with a number of guys handling it including Hunter
Thanks Crake49!

So, using buck's link (above), it appears the guys who have the most upside/production/experience are:
WR Devon Wiley (minor NFL experience but appears quick/fast/decisive/smooth)
DB L.J. McCray (Very productive college career at 28.13 yard average)
WR Bruce Ellington (997 KR yards but only 16 on PR with a 22.72 average)
Looks like Acker (22.67 average) and Johnson have a little experience as well.

Then there is our own in James (25.1 & 26.75 averages), Hunter and Cox.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
Bruce Ellington!

this. I suspect that Hunter will be the backup KR and we will use somebody like Wright or Cox as the backup PR. I do wish we had a little more experience/depth at PR.
Share 49ersWebzone