LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 160 users in the forums

ILB, Chris Borland, Wisconsin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've always been more of a defense fan. Gotta say I'm really starting to like this football player! Might be early in his career but he looks like a great pick.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:
Considering a purchase of a Borland jersey before next week's game...good buy or waste of money?

IDK, personally speaking, I'd get a personalized jersey and put something clever on the back.

Like: IF4P2K43P
anyone see this?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/11/19/analysis-notebook-week-11-3/

Damn, that's some high praise.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Chris Borland is just a poor mans derek smith, when you really think anout it

I don't remember Derek Smith being in the backfield as much as Borland. Might not be a good comparison here...

A lot of Derek Smith's tackles were after the RB carried him 5 yards and finally tripped.

"Not tall enough. Not fast enough. Arms are too short. You hear all of that. We just love the makeup. We love the player. He's everything you're looking for from a DNA standpoint. He loves the game, he's a smart football player, he's an extremely instinctive football player. He's overcome that lack of arm length. He's overcome that lack of speed that's been talked about. He's just a baller." - Trent Baalke on Chris Borland

I don't remember Derek Smith being in the backfield as much as Borland. Might not be a good comparison here...

A lot of Derek Smith's tackles were after the RB carried him 5 yards and finally tripped.

More like 7-10 yds
Considering a purchase of a Borland jersey before next week's game...good buy or waste of money?

The way he is playing, boman probaly won't plat this season, go buy it!
I mean Bowman
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

More like 7-10 yds

I have never seen one man credited for tackles he never made as often as Derek Smith.

That depends. Are you a short balding white guy? I think the jersey would look really good on you if you fit that description.

Derek Smith was good when he still had 2 eyes, lol.

KEEP IT UP BORLAND!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
That depends. Are you a short balding white guy? I think the jersey would look really good on you if you fit that description.

Borland representing for all us shorty, stocky, receding hairline white guys out there.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 20, 2014 at 7:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Borland representing for all us shorty, stocky, receding hairline white guys out there.

Well however pretty folk think he is or not he is a heck of a ball player!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Cheers, haha!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Share 49ersWebzone