There are 123 users in the forums

ILB, Chris Borland, Wisconsin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Disp:
Awesome analysis on Borland's play by ProFootballFocus https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/11/19/analysis-notebook-week-11-3/

great read
Awesome analysis on Borland's play by ProFootballFocus https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/11/19/analysis-notebook-week-11-3/

great read
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

great read

Did they just say Borland has a higher ceiling than Kuechly ?!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
No, they said he has a "far higher ceiling" than Kuechly
Time to get a 50 jersey
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
you think we could trade Borland for a 1st rounder ?
Originally posted by susweel:

No...too short!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Just my opinion, but I read an article (sorry no link) a long time ago in the off-season, I would say around January of this year before we played Seadderall in the NFC CG. Eddie was quoted in the article as saying he didn't want the team getting old around Colin, and I think Jed , Harbaugh, and Baalke listened to Eddie and when they couldn't get the top of the line WR, they sat back and used all their draft picks to get younger. What a nice 2014 draft so far. On top of the WR free agents!

Now we are going to work on getting some younger WR targets aside from Bruce and QP.

You know, I would like to think so. But I think they can get a raw talented guy with 4.4 speed in the 5+ or later rounds. WR is really not the most important offensive position in this particular offense. Remember we are (as PaseoDoc and NC like to state) *anti* west coast offense.

I would like - actually - for them to shore up the TE position. Vance is just not cutting it in my opinion, and with VD asking for more money and being injured more this year, I think we need to draft another TE in the high rounds. 1st through 3rd (in my opinion). This vertical offense will be 10 times more effective if we had a TE that had decent speed and hands, which Vance was supposed to provide. I think giving Vance and VD another TE competition would be good for both of them next year. Oh yeah, fire the TE coach too.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

No...too short!

Borland reminds me of another great 49er - and I think he was drafted in the first round.

Jack "hacksaw" Reynolds. He was one hell of a lb for us before, Ken Norton, Plummer, and Lee Woodall.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Borland reminds me of another great 49er - and I think he was drafted in the first round.

Jack "hacksaw" Reynolds. He was one hell of a lb for us before, Ken Norton, Plummer, and Lee Woodall.

Walsh literally fleesed a division rival of Reynolds and Tyler

Man the Rams were their own worst enemy.

yes

but 100% they won't

yes

but 100% they won't

why trade a rookie beast like borland for a possible bust? we know we have a stud in borland and if the draft happened over again would be a 1st rounder for sure now. we keep him. no telling what willis and bowman will look like after their recoveries and at the very least we have probowl level depth behind willis and bowman for a year or two to keep them fresh and he isnt breaking the bank. having too much cheap talent is NEVER a problem.

This is outstanding. He just shrugs off a center like he was nothing and goes to make the tackle.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

yes

but 100% they won't

why trade a rookie beast like borland for a possible bust? we know we have a stud in borland and if the draft happened over again would be a 1st rounder for sure now. we keep him. no telling what willis and bowman will look like after their recoveries and at the very least we have probowl level depth behind willis and bowman for a year or two to keep them fresh and he isnt breaking the bank. having too much cheap talent is NEVER a problem.

its not even up for debate. he's going to be a 49er with that rookie contract for the next what 3 years or so?

no question.
Borland uses his height in an incredibly deceptive manor, it's almost something you cannot study, or even see on film until a player sees it from within his own depth of (field) vision.

Thus far I've heard from both Saints & Giants RBs who had served on (interior) blocking assignments that Borland gets lost in space so easily because of his height, that players cannot find him within zone coverage off the snap, because Borland runs in rhythm behind 6'3+ LBs, or D-lineman off the snap. Borland's adjustment speed is almost at the caliber of a RB that it's so hard for a QB or RB to find/adjust until he comes around. This guy is f**king insane.

Offensive players don't even realize there's two guys on the field until he comes out behind taller players when the action is going on. This is funny stuff, this is also stuff you cannot coach around. This guy is the stuff of like old football legends, he's like that guy your dad always brings up from the old days.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 20, 2014 at 12:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone