There are 217 users in the forums

NFCCG Mic'd up: Crabtree & Sherman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
all these post about that SOB are getting ridiculous.

mods, you should put "sherman" on the swear word list and boycott all threads with the name

seriously, f**k that a*****e. dont waste another second of life thinking about him
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I know where you are trying to go, but you're not going to get there.

Schwartz was LAUGHING at Harbaugh for making a dumb call during the game. Harbaugh was trying to review a play that he could not review, and Schwartz was screaming, "HA HA, know the rules! Ha ha." I'm sure Harbaugh either saw it or heard about it later, which led to the obviously disingenuous handshake.

Schwartz was being a dick to him FIRST, and yes, Harbaugh was immature for responding in kind.

Sherman is on a whole other level. His stuff in unprovoked, and he does it constantly. And this isn't about simple "trash talk", this is about being snide and devious with his words and fake "manners" after a game.
And its not just limited to athletes and coaches, he takes it to the media, gets personal and nasty with them as well, saying he's "better at life" than other people etc.

I'm not trying to go anywhere, the only thing I was going was making a point as to how a lot of Niners fans would switch their opinion in a minute if the tables are turned in the situation. I've already said I don't agree at all with what Schwartz did, but maybe you haven't read my post yet so I won't respond to that.

The thing is, everything I've said, is just a matter of opinion. My opinion is different than yours, but is no more right than yours or the next persons, and while I do disagree of when Sherman decided to do it and completely disagree with what Sherman did in the post game, but there's really no proof of it being unprovoked. In fact, while it really wasn't that big of a deal, you could say Crabtree's opinion on Sherman could've been what provoked him. And in in the middle of the game, whatever say goes, and we really don't know how much jawing was going on, but I do think that both Sherman and Crabtree were both probably going at eachother with every word in the book and Crabtree would probably love to do the same thing to Sherman after the game. Whether Crabtree would actually go through with it or not is an entire different subject and really don't need to share my opinion on that.
The first 2 videos were ok but the last one was weak. They only showed the last play and then all the positive things Sherman had to say. Makes him out to look good. Wrong time to shake someones hand. Your just rubbing it in. and lets say he was just being a nice guy... so he decides to follow that up the attempted handshake with Crabtree is a mediocre/sorry wr to 55 million people... I'm best in the game... and give Kaepernick the choke sign... followed by his interview in the locker room where he repeats all that and says many teams would even draft Crabtree. Sorry I don't buy. He just takes the sportmanship out of the game.

And now that they are making this a racial thing with the backlash, I'm done with this crap. Go Broncos!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by THEB:
What happen during the Lions game when Harbaugh was a bit too excited? They almost got into a fist fight, and these are coaches. They werent even out there pushing people around like Crabtree and Sherman were.

lol true. I put that entire situation on Harbaugh. I just think the proper way to do it, the way it's been done for decades, is to calmly approach your opponent after the game and shake his hand. No running up from behind and slapping his ass. No jumping in his face yelling "Great game!, Great game!"

Be an adult, shake his hand, congratulate each other, and move on. These guys are prancing around like 12 year olds.

I actually do not put that on Harbaugh. Schwartz was being such a condescending pr*ck that game, strutting around, yelling and laughing at Harbaugh for not knowing the rules, etc. I was 100% on Harbaughs side on that one. Now if Schwartz had done nothing throughout the game and Hatbaugh did that, I would have definitely not supported it.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:47 PM ]
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
The first 2 videos were ok but the last one was weak. They only showed the last play and then all the positive things Sherman had to say. Makes him out to look good. Wrong time to shake someones hand. Your just rubbing it in. and lets say he was just being a nice guy... so he decides to follow that up the attempted handshake with Crabtree is a mediocre/sorry wr to 55 million people... I'm best in the game... and give Kaepernick the choke sign... followed by his interview in the locker room where he repeats all that and says many teams would even draft Crabtree. Sorry I don't buy. He just takes the sportmanship out of the game.

And now that they are making this a racial thing with the backlash, I'm done with this crap. Go Broncos!

And then he hides behind Martin Luther King Jr.

Crabs isn't the first player to try to punch him in the face, and he won't be the last.

Crabs isn't the first player to try to punch him in the face, and he won't be the last.

I'm sure Crabs would feel a lot better leaving a SB ring mark on his face though...
[ Edited by Kaep4MVP on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:51 PM ]
Originally posted by xela510:
Sherman really did seem sincere with his handshake towards Crabtree but it was totally the wrong time to do that.

Again, Sherman is devious. He knows that's not the right time to do it. He wants that reaction from Crabtree. You don't run up to a guy, smack his ass, then stick your hand out screaming "Hell of a game! Hell of a game!", right after the play that lost us the game. You wait until the clock hits :00, everybody meets at midfield, then have a well-mannered hand shake.

THIS. Sherman isn't stupid. He does it to be a d**k.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
can we stop with all the richard sherman s**t already. i dont wanna see this in every forum 100Xs. f**k richard sherman

Consolidate all this talk into one thread on pure ignorance, please.

People stop starting redundant threads.
Originally posted by xela510:
Sherman really did seem sincere with his handshake towards Crabtree but it was totally the wrong time to do that.

Again, Sherman is devious. He knows that's not the right time to do it. He wants that reaction from Crabtree. You don't run up to a guy, smack his ass, then stick your hand out screaming "Hell of a game! Hell of a game!", right after the play that lost us the game. You wait until the clock hits :00, everybody meets at midfield, then have a well-mannered hand shake.

So damn true. He is...a scumbag. No two ways about it. May his soul rot in hell...
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

It would be great if Cowboy planted a 200PSI punch square in his kisser knocking out a few of his gold b***h teeth..dreams, dreams from heaven..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 23, 2014 at 3:13 AM ]

hope he gets shot in NY
Interesting when the press remember it wasn't just his brother (how unbiased) there :

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html
(though I certainly don't "hope he gets shot in NY").

C'mon man, not even in jest...
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
It doesn't really matter if NFL players shouldn't be role models for kids. The fact is, they are, whether they like it or not. Sherman is in the public's eye. He makes millions of dollars. Him and his team are promoted on television everyday. Kids watch TV. Kids play sports. It's unfortunate that PARENTS aren't what we first think of when we think of role models, but the FACT of the matter is, that's just not the case in this society. Our society is driven by money and entertainment. You entertain, you make money, you're a role model. Remember, a role model is just a person that other people use as an example for portraying a specific role. Positive OR negative. Some celebrities and people in society with popular status get it, most do not.
[ Edited by SaksV on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:52 AM ]
Originally posted by UKNiner:
Interesting when the press remember it wasn't just his brother (how unbiased) there :

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

Amazingly no one in the national media is picking up that story. They are too busy writing puff pieces about how he's misunderstood and everyone who hated his rant is ignorant and are the problem. Its just amazing that the media wouldn't just call it like it is, he was being an a*****e and a horrible winner. That's the thing people hated!!! Not his race, not his backstory, they hate him being a gigantic dick and showing poor sportsmanship.
Share 49ersWebzone