There are 235 users in the forums

harbaugh would have been great general

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he's a history buff, so i'm sure he takes a lot of lessons from the great generals. he also has a rare breed of skills in that he is not only a master tactician but also i believe he very skilled at overall seasonal strategy. thats something he refuses to even acknowledge in press conferences, just saying the standard "the next game is the most important one" but i think thats bull. he knows the important games for this team are playoffs. they ran 2 QB sneaks in this game, both easily successful. i havent seen that before, and short yardage has been a HUGE deal thru the season.

i suggest there are more things in store for seadderal. we have not played a seriously meaningful game against them in 2 years. people like to bring up those home losses and focus on them, (how many idiotic 72-16 graphics will we have to sit thru this week i wonder) but this is shaping up just as a great general would do it. overconfident opponent, whose confidence can quickly be turned into desperation on their own ground if things start going wrong for them.

thats how i see it anyway. there is a huge difference between this team in playoffs and regular season, in a good way. i didnt see the same difference in seattles playoff game. i believe they hit the nitro too soon on their season. i could be dead wrong, but i see this as being set up masterfully by harbs and co.
Harbaugh standing in front of a huge Niner emblem: " I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."
Originally posted by crake49:
Harbaugh standing in front of a huge Niner emblem: " I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."

you got a link to that? id love to hear that
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:

you got a link to that? id love to hear that

Perhaps I am reading your post wrong, but I believe crake49 is referring to an imaginary Harbaugh speech ala the one made by General Patton during World War II, or at least made during the film 'Patton'.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Perhaps I am reading your post wrong, but I believe crake49 is referring to an imaginary Harbaugh speech ala the one made by General Patton during World War II, or at least made during the film 'Patton'.

Exactly. It's from George C Scott at the beginning of the movie "Patton" when he's standing in front of a huge American flag that covers the entire screen. You can find it on YouTube because it's one of the most classic scenes from all of American film making.
Jim Harbaugh was in Saved by the Bell.

/thread.

General Patton
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Jim Harbaugh was in Saved by the Bell.

/thread.

what does /thread mean
Originally posted by saj4423:

General Patton

yes, i did get the sarcasm and answered with. nevermind. point being i think the 49ers have this thing right where they want it though they will never say such.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/11/inside-the-49ers/jim-harbaugh-reads-the-art-of-war-and-more/

Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
what does /thread mean

It's a techie thing. It's supposed to mean end the thread. Putting a '/' in front of an HTML tag label means the tag is over.
He would've been the greatest King of the Jews

/thread
For President

/thread
Blood & Guts JH
It's a techie thing. It's supposed to mean end the thread. Putting a '/' in front of an HTML tag label means the tag is over.

ahh ok. i am starting to get the hang of things. the lifers here are a tough crowd. make one post they saw 3 years ago and they be all like GTFO!!!
Share 49ersWebzone