LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 190 users in the forums

Tomsula, Fangio, and Roman...what if ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:
I would fire Fangio and promote Tomsula to DC in a heartbeat.

Fire Fangio.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Fire Fangio.

Bring back Manusky lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Hopper:

Fire Fangio.

Bring back Manusky lol

You better have a big wad to say something like that.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by theginz2004:
Only problem is Donatell's contract is up after this season. He might leave to become DC for another team.

Donatell is gone, he's been offered multiple DC positions over the past 2 seasons, now that his contract is up, he'll walk to get a bigger role with another team.
This staff was bound to get picked at. Hopefully Harbaugh can identify talented coaches and bring them in to keep it going.
I know y'all gon kill me but out of the three. I wouldn't mind if we lose Fangio first. I think any decent DC can and will excel with the talent and great leaders that we have on defense. Just my opinion.
Norv or Mike Shanahan for OC.
Heard Roman is going to hire Donatelli or Tomsula as his DC if he gets a HC job
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the price you pay for being a successful team.
Seahawks might end up losing Quinn, Bevelle and possibly Cable. All depends which team is out early

I'd hate to see Fangio and/or Tomsula go. I'm not sure Fangio wants to be a head coach...he's been around a long time and you'd think he'd have gotten opportunities earlier in his career. If he were to go, I feel Harbaugh would promote Tomsula to DC. I think Roman's got a better shot to land a head coaching job of the three.
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Heard Roman is going to hire Donatelli or Tomsula as his DC if he gets a HC job

Where did you hear that? It is sensible, considering Donatell has been a defensive coordinator before.
Tomsula is not really viewed as a cordinator. He is a great teacher and motivator but not really and X's and O's guy. If anyone were to get promoted to DC if Fangio left it would be Donatell or Mangini but I would be shocked if Fangio gets a HC job.
I could see Roman getting hired by an owner that's known to make mistakes, like Snyder.
Geep Chryst will be OC

Ed Donatell will be DC .......as much as I dont want Fangio leaving, something tells me he is more sought after than Roman?

I wouldnt be shocked if all 3 left , lot of teams are hoping our mojo will rub off on their squads
Share 49ersWebzone