There are 231 users in the forums

Jim Tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This, f**k. Tomsula is one of those guys I don't want to EVER leave the 49ers, like EVER EVER. That said, there were rumors about interest in him last season. Like I said in the other thread, Tomsula has a better chance of being a HC than Fangio does. Tomsula is just more outgoing, fiery, a natural leader, would likely be a good head coach I imagine.

Nailed it
This, f**k. Tomsula is one of those guys I don't want to EVER leave the 49ers, like EVER EVER. That said, there were rumors about interest in him last season. Like I said in the other thread, Tomsula has a better chance of being a HC than Fangio does. Tomsula is just more outgoing, fiery, a natural leader, would likely be a good head coach I imagine.

Phoenix, what changed your mind between then and now?
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Because he didn't think he would of been the actual HC here! And we got rid of Harbaugh and passed up Gase for him. Oh not to mention not keeping anyone on the defensive side of the ball either
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

became too invested in Gase
Smells like......fresh fart

The entire coaching staff being driven out. Tomsula was the only guy that basically guaranteed Fangio leaving. That to me is a tremendous downside. I love him as a DL coach, hearing that this whole staff is likely going to be gone with no idea who the replacements are made me really irate. This is the best defensive staff the 49ers have had in recent memory and now they are all out the door largely because of this move.

If I knew that guys like Donatell, Fangio and Leavitt were returning, along with hearing some more inspiring choices for OC, I'd be far more supportive.

So no, not a fan of this move. I like Tomsula, but I do question whether or not he's being used by ownership that wanted to find the easiest guy to deal with and also likely the cheapest guy they could hire.

I'll reserve further judgment until I see what the new staff looks like. If the new staff isn't at least equal to the previous one or to the staffs of some of the best teams in the NFL, then this will be 2 steps forward, 3 steps back imo.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 14, 2015 at 9:50 PM ]
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran

The entire coaching staff being driven out. Tomsula was the only guy that basically guaranteed Fangio leaving. That to me is a tremendous downside. I love him as a DL coach, hearing that this whole staff is likely going to be gone with no idea who the replacements are made me really irate. This is the best defensive staff the 49ers have had in recent memory and now they are all out the door largely because of this move.

So no, not a fan of this move. I like Tomsula, but I do question whether or not he's being used by ownership that wanted to find the easiest guy to deal with and also likely the cheapest guy they could hire.

I'll reserve further judgment until I see what the new staff looks like. If the new staff isn't at least equal to the current one or to the staffs of some of the best teams in the NFL, then this will be 2 steps forward, 3 steps back imo.
Dude cheer up were going to lose with class and thats a good teaching tool
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3922/source-jim-tomsula-could-get-head-coach-looks

NOOOO!! Take Roman instead!

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Why would anyone on the pro level hire him as the HC ?

Because he's been a damn successful defensive line coach for a long time. Highly respected, smart guy, experience being a head coach previously in NFL Europe. Other coaches have been hired with less of a resume than him.

Yep, and he's undefeated as an NFl HC

No I'm talking about tomsula

These franchises just fired their experiment HC prospects and you think they would hire a position coach ?

I love the guy but these franchises want HC/coordinators

lol
i was talking about outside Orgz

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Why would anyone on the pro level hire him as the HC ?

Because he's been a damn successful defensive line coach for a long time. Highly respected, smart guy, experience being a head coach previously in NFL Europe. Other coaches have been hired with less of a resume than him.

Yep, and he's undefeated as an NFl HC

No I'm talking about tomsula

These franchises just fired their experiment HC prospects and you think they would hire a position coach ?

I love the guy but these franchises want HC/coordinators

lol
i was talking about outside Orgz

Lmfao
Anybody got some Vaseline?!
Share 49ersWebzone