There are 238 users in the forums

Why defeating the Seahawks is more than just a win against a hated rival.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Getting hot at the right time is what propelled the last three Super Bowl champions to the top, although none of them rode a winning-streak into the playoffs, which the 49ers could very well do.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1216-straight-rabbits-hole-win-against-seahawks-validates-49ers/

must watch
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

must watch

lol!
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Getting hot at the right time is what propelled the last three Super Bowl champions to the top, although none of them rode a winning-streak into the playoffs, which the 49ers could very well do.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1216-straight-rabbits-hole-win-against-seahawks-validates-49ers/

Steelers finished 4-0 on their closing schedule, got red-hot by the last two games, ripped through the wildcard round, beat the #1 seeded Colts in Indy, won the Championship to the #2 seeded Denver... and then Hawks in the Superbowl.
Agree 100%. This was a big win. We beat what is probably the best team in the NFL.

The national media is downplaying the win because we won by a small margin. They point to our losing record against winning teams, and the fact that Seattle has blown us out twice @ CLink. They miss the point. We're getting healthy, the balance on offense is coming back, and we're in a better position to beat winning teams now than we were previously.

This isn't your week 2 49ers. This team can go on the road and win in the playoffs. All the pieces are here. Our best football is ahead of us.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree 100%. This was a big win. We beat what is probably the best team in the NFL.

The national media is downplaying the win because we won by a small margin. They point to our losing record against winning teams, and the fact that Seattle has blown us out twice @ CLink. They miss the point. We're getting healthy, the balance on offense is coming back, and we're in a better position to beat winning teams now than we were previously.

This isn't your week 2 49ers. This team can go on the road and win in the playoffs. All the pieces are here. Our best football is ahead of us.

this sucks. can you imagine all the s**t we'd be currently forced to listen to if they had won? give me stories to read about how great the 49ers are

seriously. were getting no kind of love but thats a good thing. we came out flat a couple times in the playoffs last year including the superbowl because they pumped us up in the media. im perfectly fine with our underdog/forgotten status.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
seriously. were getting no kind of love but thats a good thing. we came out flat a couple times in the playoffs last year including the superbowl because they pumped us up in the media. im perfectly fine with our underdog/forgotten status.

This. Absolutely THIS.
Originally posted by xtm059:
this sucks. can you imagine all the s**t we'd be currently forced to listen to if they had won? give me stories to read about how great the 49ers are

Exactly. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The only way we get any respect is if we blow them out. Unreasonable expectations given they are a very good football team. We won a hard fought game, made more plays then they did, and came through in the clutch. Quality win.

Agree with you there. I love the role of the underdog. Just annoyed that a lot of national media completely disregard this win because it wasn't sexy enough for them.

Originally posted by HessianDud:

must watch

lol!

I already liked Bill Burr's standup but I just got a newfound respect for the dude.

must watch

Awesome rant!
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

must watch

lol!

I already liked Bill Burr's standup but I just got a newfound respect for the dude.

Same here. And everything he said the seahawks fans it true.

Agree with you there. I love the role of the underdog. Just annoyed that a lot of national media completely disregard this win because it wasn't sexy enough for them.

f**k em, a wins a win and we can beat these punks again in the playoffs. not scared of anyone, with crabs back our offense is getting better every week
f**k em, a wins a win and we can beat these punks again in the playoffs. not scared of anyone, with crabs back our offense is getting better every week

Hell yeah!!!
Share 49ersWebzone