There are 201 users in the forums

Give your stories of when you met 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know for sure some of you have some awesome stories of meeting 49ers.

Lets hear them all!

My one and only time was I was standing in line with Joe Montana in Santa Rosa at Borders books.

I swear, its so funny, he dropped his change 3 times! Butter fingers!

Looked at me on the third one like..."you didn't see that." lol

I told him he kept my mother alive and she would jump out of her cancer bed when he hit those magic passes in the big games.

Rolled my eyes on the third drop and he laughed with me. Was genuine.

Joe Montana is ...

Joe Montana

i caught one of TO's rec gloves after he threw it in the stands at a pre-season 49ers-seahawks game in vancouver in 1998
Yup, was right next to him.

Picked up his stupid dropped dime lol

"eye roll" lol
Met Jeff Garcia at a golf charity event near Gilroy, his wife is HOT!!!!!!
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for xela510.
I worked at Great America this this summer and met Eric Reid (he was also with Marcus Cooper) and met Aldon Smith.
I was a two year old in '82....a few months after winning the super bowl, a few Niner players were in Safeway giving out autographed team posters, and I got one from Bobby Leopold (#53 I believe) while shopping with my dad.

Still wish I could find it....I remember seeing it as recently as the early '90s. I don't remember the interaction either, too young...

I was in San Jose airport the weekend of the Panther game and walked into a gift shop which had some Niner gear (caps and shirts mostly). The girl who worked there said she's run into a few players like Vernon, Willis, Kaepernick and a few others at that gift shop.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Nov 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
Only 49er i ever met was Steve Young, and i dont remember it that well. Got a ball signed though.
  • thl408
I was at F&A's (club/lounge) when it was open in downtown San Jose. Some dude was there wearing black leather pants. I was starstruck when I walked up to him and asked to shake his hand. I told him, "I'm a huge Niner fan." Once I walked away, I realized Jerry was on the Raiders at the time. I'm sure he knew what I meant.

I've also met Garrison Hearst at a Blockbuster Music looking at CDs by himself, got to shake hands. Terrell Owens when he was a 2nd year player, not yet the super diva, at Target by himself. TO was running around the store buying Halloween stuff. Stopped him to shake hands and autographed a small piece of paper. I stood behind Roy Foster (OG) in line at a deli shop near their practice facility. He is one bigass mean looking mofo so I just stood there like a good citizen.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
met joe montana at the meat counter at a grocery store in santa rosa. it was like 9am, and only the two of us there, so i got 20 seconds all to myself; didn't want to be one of those guys who corner a celeb for 2 minutes and aggravate the crap out of them.
to me, joe was bigger than any movie star, so i'll admit i got nervous saying anything. i just said, "thanks for all the great memories, joe, it's a real treat to meet you." i know, kinda cliche, but that explained it--great memories. his response was something like, "yeah, it was fun." it was a bit surreal because it was joe, higher than rock star status, right there getting steaks at oliver's market, and i could see those same facial wrinkles up close i'd seen for 20 years through a face mask on tv.

and i'll tell you this, when you stand next to him, he is NOT a big dude. he had a lot of courage standing in there taking a nfl beating at his size.
I saw Jerry Rice getting into his ride at the Park in downtown Sacramento. this was about 4 yrs ago.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
I saw Jerry Rice getting into his ride at the Park in downtown Sacramento. this was about 4 yrs ago.

where their any oriental theraupeutic spas nearby?
Originally posted by hofer36:

Haha. Finally someone else who likes to make massage parlor jokes regarding Jerry
Originally posted by hofer36:

prolly. Sac is hella known for em. Have you guys ever heard of redbook?
Ray Wersching kicked me in the nuts once
Shook Jerry's hand at the Saints/Niners MNF game a few years ago.

Met Merton in SF circa 1996
Share 49ersWebzone