LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 192 users in the forums

Fangio says he's skeptical on how Wright,Carradine or Dial can help

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kazak13:
if they cant help go after Richard Seymor and do something about it..

how do you pay him? this will not be done and it should not be done. if the kids can not play this weekend,, you got a kid in the practice squad or you can sign a cheap free agent to fill the gap till the kids and dorsey come back. you do not sell your soul for a short term fix. this is not madden, this is not fantasy football, this is not mattell talking football from 1973. we barely have a million in the bank so seymour is not an option
Originally posted by GNielsen:
In spite of having numerous players out (Williams, Culliver, Aldon Smith, Willis, Dorsey) the Niner defense is #9 in points allowed.

Web Zone response: "Fangio sucks."

So true. People don't realize that we have a third string nose tackle starting major games for us. Tony Jerrod-Eddie isn't supposed to be getting this kind of playing time. Yet, he is and he's done surprisingly well.

I'm holding my breath. I hope he can last another two games at the nose. After the bye week, we might see some of our rooks getting extended playing time as they work their way into the rotation.
I really will be surprised if they don't get Dial in there. They really need another big guy in the middle badly. I can understand why Carradine would need more time at the position he has to play, but Dial has just got to get in there and clog things up. That's not to minimize the skill needed for the NT position, but it seems like holding your ground might be easier to get a handle on than what a guy has to do spelling Justin or Ray.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I really will be surprised if they don't get Dial in there. They really need another big guy in the middle badly. I can understand why Carradine would need more time at the position he has to play, but Dial has just got to get in there and clog things up. That's not to minimize the skill needed for the NT position, but it seems like holding your ground might be easier to get a handle on than what a guy has to do spelling Justin or Ray.

This is my line of thinking, as well.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by sacniner:
When the f**k is Carradine playing?

Bust. he's a Bust. We shoulda stood pat and drafted WR Justin Hunter.

We actually need both of these guys to get some game time immediately. Understand it isn't Fangio's preference but we have the best interior linebackers in the league to (hopefully) correct any rookie mistakes. Sounds like a no brainer to me. If Reid and Lemonier can step up as rookies so can Tank and Dial.
Originally posted by pete98146:
We actually need both of these guys to get some game time immediately. Understand it isn't Fangio's preference but we have the best interior linebackers in the league to (hopefully) correct any rookie mistakes. Sounds like a no brainer to me. If Reid and Lemonier can step up as rookies so can Tank and Dial.

tank had first round talent so im sure he'll be up to the challenge. dial is a huge body and he played in the SEC so im sure hes ready to clog the middle with his big ass
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
tank had first round talent so im sure he'll be up to the challenge. dial is a huge body and he played in the SEC so im sure hes ready to clog the middle with his big ass

Yup! All Dial really needs to do is hold his point of attack and not get pushed backwards.
It's on! Dial and Carradine to start practicing TOMORROW!

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/harbaugh-carradine-dial-among-four-injured-players-to-join-practice-on-tuesday.html
My only hope is we don't bring these kids back too fast. Wasn't the idea to have them sit out most of the season anyway? I know that was the thinking with at least one of them, wasn't it?

Yes, yes, I know. Obviously, things have changed. We have a bit of an unforseen need now. Still -- I'd hate to rush either one of these guys back (Carradine or Dial), only to see them get hurt again.

Ya feel me?

Originally posted by NCommand:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/harbaugh-carradine-dial-among-four-injured-players-to-join-practice-on-tuesday.html

Yessir! Harbaugh knows we need reinforcements so he's calling the calvart.

It sounds like Dial, Carradine, Wright, and Manningham are going to be practicing tomorrow.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
My only hope is we don't bring these kids back too fast. Wasn't the idea to have them sit out most of the season anyway? I know that was the thinking with at least one of them, wasn't it?

Yes, yes, I know. Obviously, things have changed. We have a bit of an unforseen need now. Still -- I'd hate to rush either one of these guys back (Carradine or Dial), only to see them get hurt again.

Ya feel me?

It was never the idea to sit any of them all season except the one who is sitting all season(Lattimore).

I'm afraid I don't "feel" you.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Ya feel me?

Don't worry, Fangio will ensure neither see a snap all year long! j/k
Originally posted by eonblue:

Yessir! Harbaugh knows we need reinforcements so he's calling the calvart.

It sounds like Dial, Carradine, Wright, and Manningham are going to be practicing tomorrow.

Yeah, a little unclear on Manningham but the 3 defensive players, for sure. It's funny when you read the tone of the article and Harbaugh's comments it quickly comes back to a cautious statement (was Fangio in the room?) but he's not fooling anyone this time. He's excited to see what the rookies have!
Don't worry, Fangio will ensure neither see a snap all year long! j/k

I know you're joking but I dont think Fangio has an option. It appears Ballke and Harbaugh have beaten rotation and depth into him, and he's not too happy about it.
Share 49ersWebzone