LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 218 users in the forums

how bad is it? even andy lee has been bad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i mean you used to be able to count on him to pin the opposing offense deep
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
yah that was shocking the dude as punting very poorly.

when it rains it pours.
a couple of those those 4th and mediums around midfield i was hoping we would just go for it. between lee not pinning them inside the 5 as much and the D getting chewed up, it was only a matter of a few plays before the colts had eaten up the field position we had gained by punting.
thats blaphame, thou shall not speak bad about bad andy

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM ]
Didn't help that his personal protector got a concussion. Colts were coming each time
I've thought the same thing. Why is Lee struggling? Working too hard on the knuckler?
If I was punting 100,000,000 times a game I would have issues too.
Into thousand 11 we won so much because we were almost always better than the opponents in the field position usually one the time of possession and we're halfway decent on third downs. Actually maybe we weren't that good on third down offensively but defensively we shut people down on third down and it was pretty consistent. That's the way this team used to win games. We are currently losing these aspects of the game and therefore sucking ass.
Yeah seen Ventrone lay a great block on a guy coming at Williams full speed and immediately go down on all fours and figured that's what happened. As for Lee I agree he hasn't been doing a very good job pinning team's inside the 20 lately. A lot of his punts are going into the end zone and some of them without bouncing. Maybe it's partly the gunners but seems like his punts haven't been as far either. Probably not as good of hang time either allowing better returns. I'm sure eventually we will ask him to restructure down the road. 2014 at 1.9, 2015 at 2.05 isn't bad at all... 2016 at 2.8, 2017 3.4, 2018 4.1 would make it seem like he won't be around for 2017 or 2018 and possibly 2016 if he doesn't re-structure. Still that's a long ways away and we have a lot worse things to deal with.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM ]
The downfall started when we cut Brian Jennings, the longest tenured Niner

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

I wonder if anyone has timed the snap of the new dude compared to Jennings. His snaps got there quick.

CJ Spillman missed a big tackle, too... and that dude never misses tackles.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

Karma is coming back to bite Harbaugh. He wronged Jennings.
Share 49ersWebzone