LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 349 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i kinda hope cushing doesn't play. Schuab is a good QB but the Texans need to upgrade the position to be a real contender.
I think we come out like we usually do at home under the Sunday night lights and toast the motherf**kers.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by eldapeeze:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Kap has never choked a lead bro

False. He single handily gave the Rams a win last year in STL

Why do I have to keep reminding people about what actually happened in that game? Okay, once more, right after his bad lateral to Ginn, the Niners got the kick off and Kaepernick led the offense 80 yards down the field in three plays. Then he lofted a soft floater right into the hands of Delanie Walker in the end zone. The ball floated down right into Delanie Walker's hands and he inexplicably let the ball bounce off his hands - a perfect touch pass into the end zone, perfectly placed into the receiver's hands and he drops it. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, Akers misses a short field goal. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

So, no, Kaepernick did not "single handily" give the Rams a win. In fact, if not for a miss that most high school players could catch and a field goal miss that NFL kickers make over 90% of the time Kaepernick brings the team back for a late win.

So, Kaepernick had to overcome a costly mistake he made. Yes, because some other players didn't bail him out from a play he should have never made, it's magically everyone's fault but Kaep's.

Kaep cost us that game. Kaep knows it and has made amends for it. You don't see Kaep making that big of boneheaded plays anymore, do you? He's moved on, and so have most the rest of us.

1. That cute call to Ginn also falls way more on Roman than anything, then Ginn, THEN Kaep
2. Delanie Walker dropped an easy TD
3. AKERS MISSED a shot field

Verdict: Akers and Walker costed us the game. Give me a break

Shall we all bow down to the infallible Kaepernick. He can make no mistake in the eyes of God!

Shall we all bow down to the infallible Kaepernick. He can make no mistake in the eyes of God!

Thought Tolzien was in GB.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think we come out like we usually do at home under the Sunday night lights and toast the motherf**kers.

Yup
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Really sucks the Texans couldn't put the game away to day and let the Hags back into it to win in OT. I have news for folks around here; the Hags can play very good ball on the road now as well as at home. The old crap Hags on the road is over I think..As some have said and even tho it's ealry; I believe we are playing for a wildcard now...We have to take out the Texans coming up/ As a matter of face almost every game from her on is a must win, crazy, but a few more losses takes us all the way out of the playoffs I think..If only we had ran the ball in the 2nd half against the colts..if only...

You think that was a good game by Seattle? They gave up nearly 500 yds on D and had to rely on a slow, mental midget QB to gift wrap the comeback. I was NOT impressed at all.
They need to keep continually pressuring Schaub when he drops back. He just wilts back there, but they will feed Foster & Tate to limit QB mistakes. Niners run D needs to be stout, you know those stretch handoffs Texans like to use with Foster. Andre Johnson is older but still an elite receiver and Hopkins is a slot-type receiver who's a hard cover (much better than Tavon Austin) plus Daniels, a very good TE. The key is the guy delivering the ball and to keep collapsing the pocket. They are a very similar team to us, differing in a mobile QB and a statue.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Really sucks the Texans couldn't put the game away to day and let the Hags back into it to win in OT. I have news for folks around here; the Hags can play very good ball on the road now as well as at home. The old crap Hags on the road is over I think..As some have said and even tho it's ealry; I believe we are playing for a wildcard now...We have to take out the Texans coming up/ As a matter of face almost every game from her on is a must win, crazy, but a few more losses takes us all the way out of the playoffs I think..If only we had ran the ball in the 2nd half against the colts..if only...

You think that was a good game by Seattle? They gave up nearly 500 yds on D and had to rely on a slow, mental midget QB to gift wrap the comeback. I was NOT impressed at all.

They got 2 road wins and are 4 - 0. I won't knock em. They have won every game on the schedule including spanking our a$$e$ but if we keep doing what we are supposed to be doing offensively, the rest will fall in place by playoff time
Originally posted by ninerjok:
They need to keep continually pressuring Schaub when he drops back. He just wilts back there, but they will feed Foster & Tate to limit QB mistakes. Niners run D needs to be stout, you know those stretch handoffs Texans like to use with Foster. Andre Johnson is older but still an elite receiver and Hopkins is a slot-type receiver who's a hard cover (much better than Tavon Austin) plus Daniels, a very good TE. The key is the guy delivering the ball and to keep collapsing the pocket. They are a very similar team to us, differing in a mobile QB and a statue.

Texans are going to be shook after a home loss like that I am telling you. They are not about to come out west to the Stick and beat a refocused recharged 49ers team that has gotten back to our roots of toting the pill. And speaking of wilting, can you imagine the negative press Schaub will be getting in HOU all of this week
I am going to this game with a group of eight people and are very excited! This is my first game and we plan to be out there when the gates open to tailgate and have a great time. If you guys could provide me with some tips or info about how to go about everything that would be awesome. We are from Sacramento, so we will be piling in a Expedition EL and driving on down.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by eldapeeze:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Kap has never choked a lead bro

False. He single handily gave the Rams a win last year in STL

Why do I have to keep reminding people about what actually happened in that game? Okay, once more, right after his bad lateral to Ginn, the Niners got the kick off and Kaepernick led the offense 80 yards down the field in three plays. Then he lofted a soft floater right into the hands of Delanie Walker in the end zone. The ball floated down right into Delanie Walker's hands and he inexplicably let the ball bounce off his hands - a perfect touch pass into the end zone, perfectly placed into the receiver's hands and he drops it. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, Akers misses a short field goal. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

So, no, Kaepernick did not "single handily" give the Rams a win. In fact, if not for a miss that most high school players could catch and a field goal miss that NFL kickers make over 90% of the time Kaepernick brings the team back for a late win.

in fairness you have to also look at the safety when he dropped back about 20 yards into the end zone...it is a team game but his miscues gave st Louis 9 points, more than the rams offense scored themselves if I recall correctly....if his predecessor had done this I think most would be putting the loss on him (wrongfully so)..I guess it is just a question of what standard you want to use to answer the question
[ Edited by hofer36 on Sep 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM ]
was a poor throw by schaub, but why didn't they run the ball and take away another of seattles timeouts? cushing was out with a concussion, they will truely miss him if he is out against our team.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
We will have to be on our A game for this one. JJ Watt and his crew will be coming into the Stick pis*ed after the loss to the Seahawks and will try to take it out on us.

Kap needs to be ultra aggressive and stop hesitating on his scramble cos that pass rush will be coming thick and fast. One split second of hesitation, Kap will get wrapped up from all directions. We all know Kap can get flustered when under pressure, that's why is even more critical he scrambles, not just to escape but to attack and gain legit yards.

Other than that, it goes without saying we will need to establish the run early and pound the rock.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Thought Tolzien was in GB.

You funny, guy.
Share 49ersWebzone