LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 231 users in the forums

should we cut brock for cooper

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
By the way, you are FULL of crap saying he allowed 200 yards against GB. Obviously you were being sarcastic, but hard to do all that playing only one snap LOL.

So yeah, you probably were thinking of someone else. Only real time action he has ever seen was in 2011.

He was thrown at 12 times and allowed 6 catches for 99 yards and 2 TDs. Brock also had 2 INTs before getting hurt and obviously having Culliver take his spot.

Brock definitely wasn't great that year, but people are making up some crap on him like I assumed.........................

Where do you get these secondary stats?
Webzone rule #43 - in the absence of evidence, newer is always better.
Absolutely
Originally posted by eonblue:
He's stay about 2 yards off of recievers in man coverage. He can't cover strong recievers. He's slow to react in zone. Maybe he didn't give away any receptions against KC, which I can't say for sure because I'm not a lexicon of CB plays, but he got beat by Baldwin on a couple of plays but Baldwin likes juggle balls not catch them. Also Brock has not played a majority of the preseason snaps. Cox played more than him in the first 2 preseasons game by about 5 snaps each game. Cox has been going against the 1st and 2nd string offense at NB/CB whereas Brock has seen most of the tail end snaps. Cox has been more impressive against the 1st string than Brock has against the 3rd string. I guess saying he's bad is unfair. He's not good though. I really hope they give Cox a look as the #4.

This is where you flat out are I can't take you serious. Brock before the Vikings game was THE NB and first CB to come in the game. He played against the first string more than Cox in the first two preseason games. Cox hasn't been better against first stringers and that is another lie. He played terribly against the Vikings 1st string and didn't see the field against Manning and the crew in game 1. Yes, he played well against the Chiefs but so did Brock. And you are right Baldwin did drop one pass against Brock that game. However, that was the only pass attempt that came his way.

Just for comparison sake, Cox has allowed 68 yards in 74 coverage snaps, compared to 31 yards in 62 coverage snaps for Brock. And obviously he has faced off against the first team more than Cox.

Anyone else want to make to make up some bogus things about Brock?
Originally posted by eonblue:
Where do you get these secondary stats?

PFF
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Ah, I thought Brock came on board in 2011, don't remember him at all in 2010.

Well, really he only saw action in one game in 2010 against the Cardinals and he played terribly. However, most of the action that he saw was in 2011. Not sure why people are so quick to dismiss him. People did the similar to Brown in 2011 when he got the starting nod. Most wanted Spencer or Adams to beat him out. Two years later, Brown is looked upon as the best CB on the team.
Maybe hang onto him until Eric Wright is ready to play.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Wright is the wildcard, but I feel it is pointless to have him on the roster. We are just fine at CB with the depth we have, so what good does it do keep him? He's not a very good CB and all it will do is make us release one of our younger CBs.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Wright is the wildcard, but I feel it is pointless to have him on the roster. We are just fine at CB with the depth we have, so what good does it do keep him? He's not a very good CB and all it will do is make us release one of our younger CBs.
I think we have more than enough veterans. Although, I'd still want to see if he can compete... maybe his game has changed or can change with Niners.

I like Cooper, but I just like Morris a wee bit more......
Originally posted by LVJay:
I think we have more than enough veterans. Although, I'd still want to see if he can compete... maybe his game has changed or can change with Niners.

Yeah, but our veterans are not in our long term plans so it makes no sense releasing one of our younger CBs. Obviously that will happen once Wright is activated.

I mean he is not a young player like Cox or Brock where you can expect some growth. At this point you are who you are. This guy is mentally weak on the field and breaks down once he allows a big play. The way he folded against the Saints in the playoffs a few years back was interesting to say the least LOL.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

Yeah, but our veterans are not in our long term plans so it makes no sense releasing one of our younger CBs. Obviously that will happen once Wright is activated.

I mean he is not a young player like Cox or Brock where you can expect some growth. At this point you are who you are. This guy is mentally weak on the field and breaks down once he allows a big play. The way he folded against the Saints in the playoffs a few years back was interesting to say the least LOL.

"mentally weak" eh?!

Let Fangio have at his ass
Originally posted by natrone06:
Brock is ahead of Cox so I can't imagine it happening.

Hehehe! (childish giggling)

RIP BROCK
they said namdi passed him as the 3 but they were close so they obviously feel pretty good about brock. he'll easily make the team as the 4. theyll keep 6 corners so he and coop may both make it
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Cooper would get plucked if he goes through waivers.
Share 49ersWebzone