LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 212 users in the forums

The Chuck Jacobs Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good luck to the local bay area kid!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Another one bites the dust.
Damn he was a standout last preseason. Wondered why he never got a shot given how bad the WRs looked last year?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
His auditioning for another team has stalled.... sorry kid, I hope you heal / progress fast.
So if he clears waivers we will likely put him on IR and he will have a better shot than he had this year. Crabtree, Lloyd, Osgood could all possibly be gone so it would leave Boldin, Johnson, Ellington, Patton... meaning there could be a shot for him to make it as the #5 or 6 depending on who gets re-signed and how high we draft a WR. Could also be a chance for Wylie or Reed to take that spot as well. If Crabtree and/or Lloyd are back and we draft someone early then those 3 guys have likely no chance.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So if he clears waivers we will likely put him on IR and he will have a better shot than he had this year. Crabtree, Lloyd, Osgood could all possibly be gone so it would leave Boldin, Johnson, Ellington, Patton... meaning there could be a shot for him to make it as the #5 or 6 depending on who gets re-signed and how high we draft a WR. Could also be a chance for Wylie or Reed to take that spot as well. If Crabtree and/or Lloyd are back and we draft someone early then those 3 guys have likely no chance.

He will definitely clear. I'm hoping that we have a good replacement for Osgood that can offer something not only as a special teams standout but also a position on offense or defense. THe lineup of Boldin, Johnson, Ellington, and Patton looks good, but I hope we do retain Crabtree. I believe he is a big game player and considering Boldin's deal is up in 2015, I think it would be wise to keep Crabtree as our number one.

With that said, things will be a little more open in 2015 for our young receivers. I hope Chuck Jacobs recover.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
@MaioccoCSN #49ers WR Chuck Jacobs (torn ACL) cleared waivers and automatically reverts to injured reserve. He'll make $303K this season as he rehabs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DeUh:
@MaioccoCSN #49ers WR Chuck Jacobs (torn ACL) cleared waivers and automatically reverts to injured reserve. He'll make $303K this season as he rehabs.

$303k to sit and watch your team from the sidelines, life must be rough for that one.

While I bust my freaking ass for 5 years and don't come close to that.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

$303k to sit and watch your team from the sidelines, life must be rough for that one.

If you could run a 4.2 40- I'm pretty sure the niners would give you an offer sheet.

point being - these guys won the genetic lottery. Guys like Okoye are genetic mutants.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If you could run a 4.2 40- I'm pretty sure the niners would give you an offer sheet.

point being - these guys won the genetic lottery. Guys like Okoye are genetic mutants.

I'd race his azz right now for his salary! Just Kidding, I hope he recovers 110%

He should become a rapper, Chuck Jacobs sounds like a rapper.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
he finally got the call up. Ravens promoted him off their PS today.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Promote-WR-Chuck-Jacobs-Waive-WR-Joe-Morgan/fcc87a92-7da5-4886-a535-dd188890f3a5

oh and move this thread to NFL Talk.
Share 49ersWebzone