LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 195 users in the forums

49ers cut Darius Fleming, sign Travis Johnson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xtm059:
Travis Johnson is my cousin! wooo! Got the text last night nothing but high hopes for him the kid can ball!

Hope you know that means we all expect any inside info he can give us. That and what it's like to be a 49er.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Grant will be suspended for the first 4 games of the season and is still a free agent. Seems like the team has moved on but on the very slim chance we would sign him I would think we would wait until week 5 otherwise we would be wasting a roster spot the first 4 weeks.

Wouldn't he be suspended for four games regardless?
Signed after week 4, wouldn't play until week 9.
Right?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Grant will be suspended for the first 4 games of the season and is still a free agent. Seems like the team has moved on but on the very slim chance we would sign him I would think we would wait until week 5 otherwise we would be wasting a roster spot the first 4 weeks.

Right?

yep.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Right?

Actually, you might be right. That's a good question. Could be what is scaring teams off and that's even worse than just the first 4 weeks of the season. Like I said if he can't play until week 5 at the earliest most teams wouldn't want to waste the roster spot.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM ]
Gosh darn that 2012 Draft could go down as the worst in Franchise history. Outside of LMJ, who didn't do too much btw, its been a wreck.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Gosh darn that 2012 Draft could go down as the worst in Franchise history. Outside of LMJ, who didn't do too much btw, its been a wreck.

how can you say that? seriously? Jenkins, Looney, and Robinson are all backups that haven't been called upon yet.

Some of you fans are just unreasonable

doubt it, 08 was worst. Balmer, Rachal, Reggie Smith, Cody Wallace, Grant

Plus 2012 draft netted us a 3rd, 5th and 6th in 2013 draft, all good deals.

Looney will be good.

People who think we will cut Jenkins are being stupid, his deal is a guaranteed deal. He would need to be traded to not take a dead money big hit.

Also Robinson has a good shot as 5th Safety.

Overall a C draft right now.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Looney will be good.

People who think we will cut Jenkins are being stupid, his deal is a guaranteed deal. He would need to be traded to not take a dead money big hit.

and Cam has played well for being a 7th round pick
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
and Cam has played well for being a 7th round pick

True, forgot him.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Travis Johnson is my cousin! wooo! Got the text last night nothing but high hopes for him the kid can ball!

Hope you know that means we all expect any inside info he can give us. That and what it's like to be a 49er.

That's pretty much exactly what I told him

• xcfan
  • Veteran
if travis was a couple inches taller, he would've been a 4th rd pick.
he just missed out because he's so close to 6 feet tall--which is close to impossible if you want to be a nfl 3-4 olb.
he's a square-bodied guy who fits at ILB or FB. kinda like bruce miller. if he would've been playing ILB throughout college, he would've been drafted.
he's really not that hard of a projection at ILB; i don't know why he wasn't looked at there all through the draft process.

he's gonna look and play like hacksaw reynolds jr!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I like Travis Johnson. Was hoping we'd get him late. Career sack leader for the WAC.

Sounds like a good signing. Moving to ILB might not be easy, but here's hoping.
[ Edited by buck on Jul 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM ]
Urlacher!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Looney will be good.

2008 was just terrible. 2009 was bad too other than Crabtree. RJF contributed better than a lot of 7th rounders too. We did get Iupati the next year from trading our second so the bumps it up above 2008.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
2008 was just terrible. 2009 was bad too other than Crabtree. RJF contributed better than a lot of 7th rounders too. We did get Iupati the next year from trading our second so the bumps it up above 2008.

Forgot the 09 draft netted us Carolina's 2010 1st. And the pick we traded, became everette brown, who hasn't done a thing. Not sure if he is in the NFL anymore.

Honestly since Nolan, Singletary, and Harbaugh years, plus Scot M. and Baalke I rank the 2005-2012 drafts like this

1. 2007 Got Willis, McDonald, Staley(Did give up a 1st in 2008 which became Jerod Mayo), Brown, Goldson(Now in Tampa)
2. 2010 Got Bowman, AD, and Iupati, all All Pro like players, and Pro Bowl worthy
3. 2011 Got Aldon, Kap, Cully, Hunter, and Miller who contributed in 2011 besides Kap. Also Kilgore who has potential
4. 2006 Got Vernon, and Haralson. Also Delanie(Now in Tennessee)
5. 2005 Got Gore, Snyder was good at first. Alex never panned out besides 1 year under Harbaugh.
6. 2009 Got Crabs, and the Panthers 2010 1st
7. 2012 LMJ helped out, Looney, Jenkins, and Robinson, plus Johnson have potential
8. 2008 SUCKED PERIOD.
Share 49ersWebzone