There are 271 users in the forums

CJ Spillman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
did somebody say Spillman?

Originally posted by NCommand:
Absolutely! He's also a leader in ST tackles.

S (5): Donte Whitner, Eric Reid, Craig Dahl, C.J. Spillman and Trenton Robinson - Darcel McBath, Michael Thomas and Raymond Ventrone are gone.

i think that makes sense, especially if Robinson can play some nickle/dime corner too
  • cools
  • Veteran
Spillman also plays SS in goal line foramtions, and has made some nice plays
he's best suited as an up on the line type, not a center fielder

Robinson is also that type

I doubt either will be our futue starting SS, but both should contribute

I'd like to see the Niners find their future SS via next years draft
At the top of my wish list would be Reid's LSU teamate Craig Loston
If a rookie can duplicate the production......he's out
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I have been saying all along that CJ is capable of being a starter in the safety position. He just needs reps to see what he is fully capable of. The more and more I see it coming closer the more I wonder if Whitner will be on the bubble? I could see Reid moved to SS and Spillman to FS.

Same here... really agree with all of this. (though I'd guess Spillman wouldn't be a special starter.. but solid)
Wouldn't mind seeing Spillman and Reid at the safety spots. Give us some speed and size back there.
Spillman has been fantastic on coverage units. Seems to make a great stop every single week. Been a terror on the ST's.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Spillman has been fantastic on coverage units. Seems to make a great stop every single week. Been a terror on the ST's.

Nice to see special teams looking special this year. And yes, Spillman has been great.
Spillman's great every year.

Top Five Swagger:

1. Anthony Dixon
2. Frank Gore
3. C.J. Spillman
4. Joe Staley
5. Aldon Smith
One of my favorites,

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude has become a special teams BEAST!
Glad to see we really focused on our ST after losing Blake Constanzo. It really hurt us in the superbowl.

Spillman/Osgood/Morris on ST is phenomenal.
Originally posted by Zachary:
Glad to see we really focused on our ST after losing Blake Constanzo. It really hurt us in the superbowl.

Those three are nasty
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by Zachary:

Those three are nasty

imagine if that unit still had colin jones
Share 49ersWebzone