There are 690 users in the forums

vegas oddsmakers reaction to crabtree injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
heard several vegas wiseguys on raido today (jimmy Vacarro for one)--all said the crabtree inuury will have little to no effect on their numbers of rht eniners as far as wins
We still in this thang bra

GREAT POST

Vegas still CURRRS.
One receiver, early in the off season, with more than a few months to work others into the program and develop an offense with the deep roster they already have and a top-five defense that's gotten healthy and deeper. Vegas understands.
cause we have a real qb for the first time in 50 years
I agree with Vegas. WR is a glamour position that gets a ton of attention. We're certainly a better offense with Crab out there. He is dynamic with the ball in his hands, but losing him does not destroy the season.

History has shown that when you have a great QB, which I think we have, different WR's can be plugged into the lineup and become productive. We still have some quality pass-catchers. Boldin is Mr. Dependable. Vernon and Kaep really started to click late last year. Jenkins certainly has the skill set. Williams has done good things with the ball in his hands. McDonald will be a key contributor. I haven't even mentioned our vaunted O-line and stable of RB's. Our offense is still in good shape.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I agree with Vegas. WR is a glamour position that gets a ton of attention. We're certainly a better offense with Crab out there. He is dynamic with the ball in his hands, but losing him does not destroy the season.

History has shown that when you have a great QB, which I think we have, different WR's can be plugged into the lineup and become productive. We still have some quality pass-catchers. Boldin is Mr. Dependable. Vernon and Kaep really started to click late last year. Jenkins certainly has the skill set. Williams has done good things with the ball in his hands. McDonald will be a key contributor. I haven't even mentioned our vaunted O-line and stable of RB's. Our offense is still in good shape.

When I look at Jenkins, Patton and Lockette, I can't believe that at least one of them won't contribute significantly this season. They've got more than three months to work it out. One of them has GOT to step up and one of the WILL step up; maybe two of them.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
When I look at Jenkins, Patton and Lockette, I can't believe that at least one of them won't contribute significantly this season. They've got more than three months to work it out. One of them has GOT to step up and one of the WILL step up; maybe two of them.

Exactly. We only need one of them to step up and pair with Boldin. Chances are good that one of them will. Jenkins, Patton, Lockette, Williams are all capable.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Alex had a concussion = Next man up! = Kap - a new star is born
Crabtree has torn Achilles = Next man up! = ? - a new star will be born!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Exactly. We only need one of them to step up and pair with Boldin. Chances are good that one of them will. Jenkins, Patton, Lockette, Williams are all capable.

Damn, you two are getting me hyped for the season with the positive words, and also make me think of how good and explosive our offense could be WITH Crabtree in the lineup

Reassuring. It'd be much more devastating to lose a key OL/DL. Look what both mannings have been able to do with the wr's they throw to. Brady for most of his career.

Crabtree really impressed me with his toughness and willingness to go over the middle. However, it's the QB that makes the receiver and we definitely have him in Kaep. I think of Manning and Brady making a new star receiver every few years. Watch, someone in camp is going to be the next big thing.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
cause we have a real qb for the first time in 50 years

Don't forget about those bums Joe Montana and Steve Young. Some people considered them real QBs, for some reason.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Oddsmakers/Handicappers know the math...

Aftermath -- Niners get 6th!
Crabs 3-1 to come back before D-Rose
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Crabs 3-1 to come back before D-Rose

No doubt
Share 49ersWebzone