There are 260 users in the forums

49ers tender Brock according to front page

Shop Find 49ers gear online
$1.323 million 1 yr tender is a lot for a reserve CB.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

When we dump Rogers, he'll play the slot. Robinson/Culliver battle it out for the FS spot. #1 CB plays RCB. Draft a high SS/FS to learn behind Whitner. Hehe

IDK . . . it's obviously a lot of money, but in NFL contract terms it's barely over a 1% share of the salary cap
But... He's terrible.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Why are we tendering a guy that was giving up touchdowns like Halloween candy during the NFCCG two years ago? Nobody will want.lol
Originally posted by lazy:
Why are we tendering a guy that was giving up touchdowns like Halloween candy during the NFCCG two years ago? Nobody will want.lol

Kinda puzzled on this as well.

Maybe this is our early attempt at shoring up our ST's? Because unless his coverage improves that's the only value I see to him.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by lazy:

Kinda puzzled on this as well.

Maybe this is our early attempt at shoring up our ST's? Because unless his coverage improves that's the only value I see to him.

And sadly, he was the one who had first shot at Jacoby Jones on that 108-yarder...but missed/flew off him.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/01/salary-cap-has-an-asterisk-or-two/

First, each team will have to have enough cap space to sign its rookies. That number, per a source with knowledge of the calculations, will average roughly $4 million per team.

Second, anywhere from $2 million to $5 million per team will be devoted to restricted free agency tenders.

Looks like McBath will get a deal too. Anyone else restricted?

Maybe they don't see him has a "reserve" CB?
Originally posted by NCommand:
When we dump Rogers, he'll play the slot. Robinson/Culliver battle it out for the FS spot. #1 CB plays RCB. Draft a high SS/FS to learn behind Whitner. Hehe

Originally posted by NCommand:

You can go back to Madden now.
I hope we at least draft ONE CB. If we don't go for the big name out there we at least need something. Brock sure as s**t isn't the answer.
Tremaine Brock is a decent body CB. I dont understand all the Hate on him? What would you guys want? An expensive special teamer? Somebody has to play special teams. I actually think the guy has ability to be a dimeback.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
not a single f**k is given
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Tremaine Brock is a decent body CB. I dont understand all the Hate on him? What would you guys want? An expensive special teamer? Somebody has to play special teams. I actually think the guy has ability to be a dimeback.

He had that opportunity last year, but was beat out by Cox. We have 15 picks, we can draft special teamers for cheaper.
Share 49ersWebzone