LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 223 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by cciowa:
haha. ken norton did the same thing to richard dent vs the chiefs. no one did it on purpose, you need to be more forgiving

It was bryant young.

oh sorry, my mistake,, norton was crap for about the first games of that year though and it really was only when we convinced timmy harris to come out of retirement to rush the passer and break out his six guns was when our d got tough

Yeah it was Young and it was against the Giants. Watched that game, snapped his leg with a helmet to the shin of a planted leg.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Pumpernickel:
Luke is the best MLB in the NFL and its not even close.

lol

Do you even watch football?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Watt was an absolute monster this year. He shouldve won. His team being a joke is what cost him.

and bowman was a monster this year with his team being elite and didn't get 1 vote.
doesn't make sense.

49er players are being penalized because of the talent on the roster.

when no other linebackers are worth a damn you can make 24 tackles in a game.

i'm not upset he didn't win, i didn't think he would win. but to not get a vote... not 1 for the season he had?

he's the best on the panthers. he still can't cover worth anything and he isn't great at run stopping.

but when your other linebackers can't even get to their spots leaving plenty tackling opportunities for you its easy to look that way.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

he's the best on the panthers. he still can't cover worth anything and he isn't great at run stopping.

but when your other linebackers can't even get to their spots leaving plenty tackling opportunities for you its easy to look that way.

Sounds like Derek "Cyclops" Smith.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Sounds like Derek "Cyclops" Smith.

there isn't a chance in hell for any of our linebackers to get 24 tackles in a game.

someone else is going to make a tackle. 24 tackles means the rest of the people weren't doing ANYTHING or they were picking on you running every play to your area

one or the other.

He would not even be the best MLB on the Niners!

Are you high?? Think about it this way, if Kuechly were on the Niners he wouldn't even start!
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

Are you high?? Think about it this way, if Kuechly were on the Niners he wouldn't even start!

Good perspective.

And then you wonder about East Coast bias. Perhaps he should have been in the top 5, but number 1? The NFC West dominated in Defense and some dude no one bothered to consider from back East wins. I won't even get into the JJ Watt thing, we will just say Texas has a coastline too.
  • dj43
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
That's why Niners need to win Rings. Strahan gets into the Hall over Haley, what a joke

haley might be the s**ttiest human being on the planet tho, that could rub some people the wrong way lol. strahan is an ass kisser and an east coaster so he definitely has the leg up on haley with the media

Player against player Haley>Strahan and it's not even close.

And Eddie D>every other NFL owner ever. I f@Qen hate popularity contests.

Other owners hate Eddie DeBartolo because he spent tons of cash on players and lavish events and parties. While others were guarding their bank accounts like Fort Knox, Eddie was going for the win and the esprit of associating with the players whom he loved. The money was of little consequence to him. Their real estate development business was flying and was cash rich.

He changed the way owners had to play the game. The rest of the owners felt this was going to result in a spending spree where only the biggest media centers could survive so they brought on the salary cap. This made the financial game much more difficult and the others hated DeBartolo even more than they did for just winning all those championships. All of this led to even more East Coast/West Coast bias than there already was.

I doubt he will ever be in the HOF for those reasons. Us fans loved him for putting winning teams on the field for our enjoyment but the rest of the league still harbors a great deal of resentment against him. The gambling indictment was used as a tool to express their dislike and will always be an albatross around his neck.

Haley suffers from much the same problem. The media made his character issues into Mt Everest and that, added to all the other dislike for SF has become an excuse to keep him out.

I am not a big conspiracy guy but I believe that same bias is why Bowman did not get a single vote for DPOY. No honest assessment of his play this year would leave him without any consideration. NONE!

Actually PFF ranks Willis (still!!) as the best MLB in football. Bowman may have had a higher overall rating due to his effectiveness as a pass rusher.

But they consensus is Willis is still all around best.

Keuchly did not make the top 5 I believe
  • dj43

I agree he is the best but it IS close.

Willis had an off year this year, mostly due to injury. He was not his usual self. Bowman, OTOH, had another great year and should have been co-DPOY, IMO.

Make a case. The blanket statement followed by "and it's not even close" eliminates any and all credibility.
Share 49ersWebzone