There are 230 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I knew it was only a matter of time before the media would hone in on Bo. Let's face it, most of us had already noticed it before now. We have even discussed it extensively here. It is sad, but it is what it is. Not everyone can return to what they used to be after such a serious injury. ACL alone may be, but not when multiple tendons are involved, that's 50/50 at best. Just look at Marcus Lattimore.

I think Baalke and Bo will need to sit down and have a heart to heart may be at the end of the season. I am quite sure Bo already knows he can't play. At this point, he is not better than Pat when he last played. Bo should retire, he might not want to obviously, but is only a matter of time.
Bowman will back in form in 2016. There was no way he was going to back to his former level this year. The injury he suffered takes about 2 years to recover from physically and mentally.
Everyone and there mom read that article lol. Im having a hard time defending what was said in the article. However i do believe he is exagerating a bit. I dont care who it was but attention should of been put on that running back. And that last play was good coverage except it was better pass and catch.
[ Edited by Bryantyoung97 on Oct 13, 2015 at 8:31 PM ]
serious injury, he is competitive and still as a chance to keep healing and get more confidence in the knee
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Oct 13, 2015 at 10:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
I knew it was only a matter of time before the media would hone in on Bo. Let's face it, most of us had already noticed it before now. We have even discussed it extensively here. It is sad, but it is what it is. Not everyone can return to what they used to be after such a serious injury. ACL alone may be, but not when multiple tendons are involved, that's 50/50 at best. Just look at Marcus Lattimore.

I think Baalke and Bo will need to sit down and have a heart to heart may be at the end of the season. I am quite sure Bo already knows he can't play. At this point, he is not better than Pat when he last played. Bo should retire, he might not want to obviously, but is only a matter of time.

LOL. Ok. 5 games in and that is it, he can't play anymore. He looked fine game 1 and 2. Struggled a bit the last few games but who on our D hasn't. Bowman is far from retiring.
Cohn is right. Both Cohn's are right more often than not. They just tell you what you don't want to hear. That is why people get mad at them. But yeah Bowman is no good anymore.
Lol what a bunch of bull. Cohn is an absolute tool and gets off my s**t talking the 49ers. Yeah obviously Bow isn't even close to being 100% or close to his old form but the notion that he should retire is ridiculous. He's still better than half of the MLBs out there and most certainly a starting caliber LB. People may need to come to the conclusion he may never be the same again but that doesn't mean he still isn't good.

The entire defense has forgotten how to cover people it's like they are complete allergic to it. Nice try Cohn but the loss is most definitely not just because of Bow.
The Giants targeted Bowman in pass coverage 10 times. They completed all 10 passes, and scored 2 touchdowns.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Lol what a bunch of bull. Cohn is an absolute tool and gets off my s**t talking the 49ers. Yeah obviously Bow isn't even close to being 100% or close to his old form but the notion that he should retire is ridiculous. He's still better than half of the MLBs out there and most certainly a starting caliber LB. People may need to come to the conclusion he may never be the same again but that doesn't mean he still isn't good.

The entire defense has forgotten how to cover people it's like they are complete allergic to it. Nice try Cohn but the loss is most definitely not just because of Bow.

He's still elite in run defense. PFF grades him 4th best among all linebackers in run defense so far this year.

The problem is in coverage, where he's getting roasted. But like you pointed out, everybody is getting roasted in this defense. I think his struggles in coverage are partly due to the scheme, and partly due to the knee not yet at full strength. His mobility running in open space is not all the way back.
no business being on the filed on passing downs, dude can still stop the run but he cant cover RBs and TEs, he might just need more time to get back to full speed but he is a huge liability in coverage right now

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
no business being on the filed on passing downs, dude can still stop the run but he cant cover RBs and TEs, he might just need more time to get back to full speed but he is a huge liability in coverage right now

It's going to take at least a full season to get his legs back.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
LOL. Ok. 5 games in and that is it, he can't play anymore. He looked fine game 1 and 2. Struggled a bit the last few games but who on our D hasn't. Bowman is far from retiring.

I don't think you realized how hard was it for him to play in those 5 games. Everyday, it takes him 3 hours just to warm up his knees. That alone tells you that he is having massive difficulties. I know is hard for you accept it, none of us want it to happen. But, it is what it is. All I will say is this, just be mentally prepared. I think too many people take it for granted about the advancement in medicine. Yes, Dr. Andrews can do a lot of things, but you can't just expect everyone will be able to perform like they did before after the surgery. Case in point Marcus Lattimore, did anyone of us even think about may be he wouldn't be able to make it back? I bet you most must have thought, ACL, no big deal, piece of cake, he would be just fine. Well, is not always a happy ending.
[ Edited by Rascal on Oct 14, 2015 at 6:56 AM ]
Title change.... WAS the man. And go
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Cohn is right. Both Cohn's are right more often than not. They just tell you what you don't want to hear. That is why people get mad at them. But yeah Bowman is no good anymore.

Hahaha
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:

I don't think you realized how hard was it for him to play in those 5 games. Everyday, it takes him 3 hours just to warm up his knees. That alone tells you that he is having massive difficulties. I know is hard for you accept it, none of us want it to happen. But, it is what it is. All I will say is this, just be mentally prepared. I think too many people take it for granted about the advancement of medicine. Yes, Dr. Andrews can do a lot of things, but you can't just expect everyone will be able to perform like they did before after the surgery. Case in point Marcus Lattimore, did anyone of us even think about may be he wouldn't be able to make it back? I bet you most must ave thought, ACL, no big deal, piece of cake, he would be just fine. Well, is not always a happy ending.

It doesn't always take 3 hrs and yeah I'd be stretching and getting th blood flowing after going through what he did. He hasnt played football in over a year and it's gonna take a while to recover physically and mentally from that....still leading the team in tackles.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/8/27/9218105/navorro-bowman-downplays-2-hour-practice-game-prep-comment
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 14, 2015 at 5:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone