LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 262 users in the forums

The Ace Card

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Back in the regular season, at times when the offense would struggle some people would say we are saving the good plays for the playoffs- then the reaction from some people was that wasn't the case, that notion was absurd....well after the GB game, Roman admitted he didnt run kap that much to save it for the post-season...where does everyone stand now on the issue?
  • Jiks
Hoping that it's true and we unlease the Kraken against the Birds and whoever we play in the SBowl
Originally posted by 49ersFan:
Back in the regular season, at times when the offense would struggle some people would say we are saving the good plays for the playoffs- then the reaction from some people was that wasn't the case, that notion was absurd....well after the GB game, Roman admitted he didnt run kap that much to save it for the post-season...where does everyone stand now on the issue?

I've always felt we have been more "vanilla" when playing lesser opponents as if we where holding on to the good stuff for the tough games.

Some of the plays called in the big games that I have never seen before give credence to that.

Call me crazy if you want but i believe!
Makes me wonder what position we would be in today if not for Adrian Peterson in Week 17
Jenkins catching passes and running wild all over the birds!
Next Ace: Brian Jennings all alone in the end zone on 3rd and goal, touchdown.

my sources tell me they have been saving a trick play: a punt on 2nd down
Its a nice idea in theory but we lost some games we really should've and putting yourself in a possible worse position in the future is a stupid idea.

Its like people saying we drafted like we did and moved to Keap to beat the Giants.....well if true its a stupid idea because they didn't even make the post season.
The question is since there's so much film on it will it still be effective?

If we do have an ace card it ain't Kap, he's been running all season.

Moss, VD if he ain't double covered, lamike.

I think we may see some strange plays like we did last year. Sop getting downfield, or Miller. He could step up big time

That's the great thing could be anything and Falcons don't know what to prepare for.
I saved a brand new unopened bottle of Jack daniels for today.... My secret weapon..

Time to open it up !!!!!! niners.....
[ Edited by redrazer45 on Jan 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM ]
I've been saying this since the New Orleans game. Kaep came out big against Chicago and dropped jaws. Then started playing a very conservative game. I've been saying to everybody, especially those who called the Chicago game a fluke, that they're saving the good stuff for the right time. I think our offense plays an intricate game and they have an answer for ANY defense right now.
Share 49ersWebzone