LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

49ers Crabtree sex assault investigation

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I highly doubt it could specifically be a Falcon fan. This happened before they even knew the next opponent. In a totally unrelated incident Bengals OL Andre Smith was arrested Thur. ironically in Atlanta for carrying a gun into the airport.
Originally posted by shawny:
Originally posted by RedAlice:
I just saw this news earlier, and it sucks on every level.

I'm a Rams' fan rooting for the NFC W to win the SB. That now means you. I live in San Diego, and all my Charger fan friends are also rooting for you - we want a West coast win. I'll be at a party this weekend, rooting for you to win.

But as much as this sucks for what it is itself, and the media distraction it might bring - I am horrified by the comments on this board about it. Really? She's a Falcon's fan? Slut out for $$? There are no facts yet. So much hatred towards women in these comments it's disgusting. Probably the lowest point I've seen from any fans here, and you are mocking ignorant Falcon fans.

I hope it does not affect the game, and that clarity comes out in the investigation.

Well put. We are all obviously hoping that its not true, and that if it's not true then he will be fully exonerated, but comments like "she's a slut and a b***h" with no facts is why there is a major problem in this country when it comes to sexual assault.

If there weren't so many false sexual assault/rape claims made by women it wouldn't be as bad. Any woman can say any man raped her and the man will be accused. If it's found to be false then the woman is usually let go with little to no repercussions to her. Look at Brian Banks, dude had to spend five years in prison ruining his NFL future because a lying money hungry skank said he raped her. She also gets to keep all the money she got from it. THAT is why there is a major problem with sexual assault.
Not saying it doesn't happen, because it does.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I highly doubt it could specifically be a Falcon fan. This happened before they even knew the next opponent. In a totally unrelated incident Bengals OL Andre Smith was arrested Thur. ironically in Atlanta for carrying a gun into the airport.

This is why the early posts saying she was a Falcons fan were just so stupid. It happened right after the Packers win. If Atlanta had just missed that second kick, she'd be a Seahawk slut fan.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I just saw this news earlier, and it sucks on every level.

I'm a Rams' fan rooting for the NFC W to win the SB. That now means you. I live in San Diego, and all my Charger fan friends are also rooting for you - we want a West coast win. I'll be at a party this weekend, rooting for you to win.

But as much as this sucks for what it is itself, and the media distraction it might bring - I am horrified by the comments on this board about it. Really? She's a Falcon's fan? Slut out for $$? There are no facts yet. So much hatred towards women in these comments it's disgusting. Probably the lowest point I've seen from any fans here, and you are mocking ignorant Falcon fans.

I hope it does not affect the game, and that clarity comes out in the investigation.

Well put. We are all obviously hoping that its not true, and that if it's not true then he will be fully exonerated, but comments like "she's a slut and a b***h" with no facts is why there is a major problem in this country when it comes to sexual assault.

If there weren't so many false sexual assault/rape claims made by women it wouldn't be as bad. Any woman can say any man raped her and the man will be accused. If it's found to be false then the woman is usually let go with little to no repercussions to her. Look at Brian Banks, dude had to spend five years in prison ruining his NFL future because a lying money hungry skank said he raped her. She also gets to keep all the money she got from it. THAT is why there is a major problem with sexual assault.
Not saying it doesn't happen, because it does.

There are way more legitimate rapes then there are falsely reported rapes. Yes, there are a lot of those too. The thing about this is there are NO FACTS to look at, no one knows anything other than he was questioned, yet a LOT of posters here are calling this girl a slut. THAT is a problem. That's the exact thing that real women that are legitimately raped fear when they come forward, is hearing s**t like that.
The only thing I hope is that Crabtree and move around Atlanta before the game like a shadow in the dark, because the media around there is going to hound him and the rest of the 49ers just to get a story and get in there heads.
  • Jiks
Great, just got in a fight with my drunk ass GF. Bad day at work. Check this f**king site and this.... Good f**king times.

Sad thing is I think I'm a little more upset over this.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jan 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM ]
There are way more legitimate rapes then there are falsely reported rapes. Yes, there are a lot of those too. The thing about this is there are NO FACTS to look at, no one knows anything other than he was questioned, yet a LOT of posters here are calling this girl a slut. THAT is a problem. That's the exact thing that real women that are legitimately raped fear when they come forward, is hearing s**t like that.

Its usually not my first reaction to say she's a slut or whore. If it's proven without a shadow of a doubt that he or she raped her or him then they should be in prison getting raped by a mop handle.
Whelp this sucks

And this is where it seems to cross the line from homer fan to shocking to me. There simply are no facts. I choose to think Crabtree is innocent until proven otherwise. But, I have no idea what happened.

I'm a homer fan myself. But when Givens and Jenkins were benched against you - I didn't immediately assume someone else was at fault.

And this is where it seems to cross the line from homer fan to shocking to me. There simply are no facts. I choose to think Crabtree is innocent until proven otherwise. But, I have no idea what happened.

I'm a homer fan myself. But when Givens and Jenkins were benched against you - I didn't immediately assume someone else was at fault.

And we STILL couldn't beat you! Ugh!

Also they weren't suspended for alleged sexual assault. Wasn't it for being out past curfew or something like that? Big difference as they were caught and there was proof that they did wrong.

When a professional athlete making millions is involved all bets are off as to what the woman is willing to do for any kind of payday or out of court settlement hush money. It starts out consensual and ends up a legal matter.

From a team standpoint our WR core is dangerously thin. If Crabtree isn't there... it's Moss out wide with who exactly? Delanie Walker? Ted Ginn? Jenkins? The same problem from last year is rearing it's ugly head.
Crabs better not miss this game,
Originally posted by btthepunk:
And we STILL couldn't beat you! Ugh!

Also they weren't suspended for alleged sexual assault. Wasn't it for being out past curfew or something like that? Big difference as they were caught and there was proof that they did wrong.

The circumstances are not comparable. I was just making a homer point about not thinking my loved players are in the right without knowing what happened. And it was not known at game time what happened, and many things were suggested. I did get the chance to ask one of them in person what happened...and, it was their fault.

As to the game, if they had played....well, we will never know. smile. I believe in no excuses for the score at the end of the game.

I have to admit, many on here are also posting sensibly. And, I sincerely hope this is not the headline and has no affect on your Sunday win.
The circumstances are not comparable. I was just making a homer point about not thinking my loved players are in the right without knowing what happened. And it was not known at game time what happened, and many things were suggested. I did get the chance to ask one of them in person what happened...and, it was their fault.

As to the game, if they had played....well, we will never know. smile. I believe in no excuses for the score at the end of the game.

I have to admit, many on here are also posting sensibly. And, I sincerely hope this is not the headline and has no affect on your Sunday win.

Yeah I think there's many of us in doubt because as far as we all know there is no evidence against him. In the cases of Aldon Smith and Ray McDonald getting DUI's I dont think there were any defending them.
I also believe in no excuses for what the scoreboard says. Even if a team is missing it's two best players and loses it's still a loss. Well I guess there are some excuses, see Green Bay at Seattle on MNF this year.
Share 49ersWebzone