LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 399 users in the forums

What was you reaction to the pick 6?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i'm kinda glad kap threw the pick. it showed us that he has the focus to recover from a mistake and win the game.

mad respect to kap
This is exactly what I thought in this order "Oh s**t! Oh f**k!", "Wait it's only the first quarter Kaep's shown good ability to come back from this type of thing.", "Relax, calm down, slow your breathing." "Oh s**t! Oh f**k!"
"f**k. I'm not going to be surprised if he responds but this is going to end up a shootout"
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i'm kinda glad kap threw the pick. it showed us that he has the focus to recover from a mistake and win the game.

mad respect to kap

He's no Tony Romo. That's for sure. Thank You Kaep!
Not surprised, but I was more surprised in how he handled the rest of the game. Dominated the air and ground. Very excited about the future.
I had horrible flashbacks of the 1990s playoff losses to GB. One of those losses we started the same way with a turnover deep in our territory that they turned into quick points. I was sick at the thought the rivalry was going the same way.

Thank god it went our way after that!
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
My reaction was an immediate flashback to 1995/96 when sitting on my couch I said, "Do not give the ball to Adam Walker!" Then Young threw a swing pass to Walker, who had a cast on one arm, was drilled, fumbled and Newsome took it in for a TD.... Just like that, GB was up 7-0.... I had the same feeling. But like then, I thought the Niners would regroup and Kap would settle down... This time they did......

Too funny - I swear I didn't read your post before posting mine! Thanks for filling in the details. Those were painful losses. Weren't they the losses that cost Marc Trestman his job as our OC?
Originally posted by Grifter420:
I blamed Davis because he just looked at it as it unfolds. I threw my Davis jersey outside the window after shredding it.

Overreaction/10?

Harbaugh didn't program this team with a Panic Mode. So since the team was calm, I was calm.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Too funny - I swear I didn't read your post before posting mine! Thanks for filling in the details. Those were painful losses. Weren't they the losses that cost Marc Trestman his job as our OC?

Pretty much, Trestman got all the blame even though he was trying to do the best he could with limited options. The 49ers had NO running game after Watters left, that's why Trestman resorted to utilizing very short passes in lieu of running the ball considering they ran negative yards so often.

Basically the 49ers and Packers back then are mirror images of each other now. Green Bay is now the team that is limited by their ability to run the ball effectively when they need to.
I was so confident that Kaep wouldnt let the big stage get to him, because of all the big games hes excelled in this year. So when he threw that pick 6, i was thinking "well crap. maybe hes IS overwhelmed".

As soon as we bounces back to tie it I knew wed be in the game. I had no idea wed pull away like that in the 2nd half.

Now that Clemons is out, Justin Smith is back, and Kaep has some confidence and playoff momentum, im not as opposed to facing Seattle in the next round.

Either way, Kaep can win us the game. @ATL or vs. SEA, hes going to bring it and not let other factors get in his head.
I had this vibe that (like every mistake he's made thus far as a starter) would come back and make up for it... which he did.

Sando wrote up a huge article about for every pick Kaep throws, he follows up the following drive with a score, and one following the first. This kid is ice cold, nothing can bring him down, he believes in himself.
Originally posted by jayb49er:

Lmao, everytime I see this on different websites, I just burst out laughing for a couple minutes.

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Lol, I am guessing Blake Griffin threw up a huge dunk or something?

But before the pick was thrown, I was yelling at the TV telling Kap to get rid of it, and then BOOOM. I calmy sat down and waited for him to bring us back.
Share 49ersWebzone