LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 156 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Send Smith off in style with a super bowl ring. He has earned it.

One miffed punt from having 2 to send him off with. Oh well..woulda shoulda coulda.

You know we blame that game on muffed punt myself included but he did have chances to win that game but couldn't convert any third downs. But that's in the past now would have been nice to see what would have happened had kw not f**ked up those kicks.

Not just on him...it is on every player... People needed to step up and no one did. You look at how the game against Atlanta went and it was just a bunch of individual players making plays and turning it around...no one person carried the team on his back.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Send Smith off in style with a super bowl ring. He has earned it.

One miffed punt from having 2 to send him off with. Oh well..woulda shoulda coulda.

You know we blame that game on muffed punt myself included but he did have chances to win that game but couldn't convert any third downs. But that's in the past now would have been nice to see what would have happened had kw not f**ked up those kicks.

Not just on him...it is on every player... People needed to step up and no one did. You look at how the game against Atlanta went and it was just a bunch of individual players making plays and turning it around...no one person carried the team on his back.

Yes it was a team fail. Now lets put it behind us.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
that is a rare thing

they spotted the other team 17 points AND left 10 points on the field due to mistakes.

that is a far harder thing to overcome then two muffed punts.

I think last years team was the better team...it definitely had a better defense and was healthier.

on defense yes...on offense we were playing with swain and what's his name for WRs...neither of them are in the NFL today, Walker had his chin wired up and was in pain, Frank was not close to 100% and Hunter had not quite broken out the way he did earlier this season.

We are a better team overall this post season compared to last.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Come on dudes. feel the love...? Super Bowl...?

All good. 49ers fan for life! Nothing wrong with pulling for other teams too.. so long as they are not threatening the Niners.

I certainly rooted for KC when Montana was there except when they played the 9ers.

All good. 49ers fan for life! Nothing wrong with pulling for other teams too.. so long as they are not threatening the Niners.

I certainly rooted for KC when Montana was there except when they played the 9ers.

Yes, but Montana held his own when he went there. The biggest question about Alex is if he will be able to do the same on another team.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yes, but Montana held his own when he went there. The biggest question about Alex is if he will be able to do the same on another team.

Montana held his own and he was the greatest QB the world has ever seen... So if Alex holds his own, will you say the same for him?
Originally posted by Joecool:

Montana held his own and he was the greatest QB the world has ever seen... So if Alex holds his own, will you say the same for him?

You mean a game manager? No. He just needs to show that he can manage a game no matter what. Montana set the bar high for himself and still delivered on another team. All Alex Smith needs to do is show he won't lose the game for whichever team he plays for. Anything extra will show me that he is a legit starter.
Originally posted by English:
Mine was meant as a joke!

Where's the smiley?
How do you think we will handle the Alex Smith situation going forward? He is legitamitely a top 20 QB in this league and should be a starter. He also has shown real loyalty to the 49ers in the past and I think we should show him the same courtesy by allowing him to seek situations elsewhere. If we can get a trade done, great, but I think getting him into a good situation should be our #1 priority, and if we can get something in return - gravy.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
How do you think we will handle the Alex Smith situation going forward? He is legitamitely a top 20 QB in this league and should be a starter. He also has shown real loyalty to the 49ers in the past and I think we should show him the same courtesy by allowing him to seek situations elsewhere. If we can get a trade done, great, but I think getting him into a good situation should be our #1 priority, and if we can get something in return - gravy.

Agreed.

Anybody else have a strange feeling we're going to see Smith in some surprise play in the SB?

... sorry if this has already been mentioned, I didn't look that hard.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Anybody else have a strange feeling we're going to see Smith in some surprise play in the SB?

Alex Smith will not be on the field for a single play unless we are up 21 with 5 minutes to play.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

A pity snap? Would that really be something to be proud of?
Smith should just retire and become our offensive coordinator. :P
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith should just retire and become our offensive coordinator. :P

He should save us money and become a player-coach/QB coach/practice squad QB. The new slash!
Share 49ersWebzone