LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 124 users in the forums

49ers v Pats NFL REPLAY

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Wow did you just hear Vernon b***hen about catches and Moss screamed at him "dog this aint the game for that.... Get you blocks and the catches will come"... We were up 17-3 at that point and lookung great. I think Vernon just lost a lil tiny weenie bit of respect from me.

heard that too, he was clearly complaining about his catches and he felt he was open as well but kaep went to Delanie on that play

Cant blame VD tho...considering that he's always been the top receiving threat, and then you got Walker, Moss, and Crabs catching touchdowns national tv, against the best team in the NFL, you're going to want your share of the spotlight.

That's why I'm so glad Moss is on the team, his leadership is priceless!
he needs to try to catch the ball...The QB got the ball there...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yea, i'm surprised Walker didn't drop it. It almost came loose as he hit the ground.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Wow did you just hear Vernon b***hen about catches and Moss screamed at him "dog this aint the game for that.... Get you blocks and the catches will come"... We were up 17-3 at that point and lookung great. I think Vernon just lost a lil tiny weenie bit of respect from me.

heard that too, he was clearly complaining about his catches and he felt he was open as well but kaep went to Delanie on that play

Cant blame VD tho...considering that he's always been the top receiving threat, and then you got Walker, Moss, and Crabs catching touchdowns national tv, against the best team in the NFL, you're going to want your share of the spotlight.

i was just gonna say that VD had two throws to him wide open in the endzone when he got behind the defense the first one was catchable, the second one HELL NO!

heard MM talking on 95.7 this morning about the comment VD made about the chemistry between him and Kaep ain't there and it has to be re-established, it's not like he was getting passes thrown to him when Alex was behind center before the concussion

I think VD is just used to Alex's throws, where it hits him right in the chest (just like the catch 3 throw). Compared to CK where he's throwing you open, and sometimes you have to really stretch your arm out and catch it with your hands.

Thats why I think CK and Crabs developed instant chemistry because Crabs has a wider catch-range since his has hands are basically made of glue.
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM ]

I think VD is just used to Alex's throws, where it hits him right in the chest (just like the catch 3 throw). Compared to CK where he's throwing you open, and sometimes you have to really stretch your arm out and catch it with your hands.

Thats why I think CK and Crabs developed instant chemistry because Crabs has a wider catch-range since his has hands are basically made of glue.

VD needs to get better at running the intermediate routes if he wants more catches. Can't only rely on the deep ball.

What's funny is that if Colin throws those two deep balls a half yard shorter, VD wouldn't be complaining about not getting thrown to.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I like how Kap tells all the WRs "I told you I was gonna get you one"
Originally posted by Joecool:

VD needs to get better at running the intermediate routes if he wants more catches. Can't only rely on the deep ball.

What's funny is that if Colin throws those two deep balls a half yard shorter, VD wouldn't be complaining about not getting thrown to.
I'm fine with those types of throws from kaep, only our guy has an attempt to catch it or incomplete

now with jump balls and flares is chemistry driven

The endzone throw that VD just missed could have been caught, IMO, if Vernon had dove for it.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The endzone throw that VD just missed could have been caught, IMO, if Vernon had dove for it.

Has Vernon ever dove for a pass?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by cwilson830:

not never

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

not never

ck needs to hit that pass
Originally posted by susweel:

not never

Yup. When that wide open, he could of just put some more air on it and VD coudl get under it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

not never

Yup. When that wide open, he could of just put some more air on it and VD coudl get under it.

and leave the Safety a chance to break it up or disrupting VD..? remember VD needs a perfect pass

not never

I agree, because I just cannot imagine VD stretching his body out and diving for any catches. I don't even think I've ever seen any TE do such a thing.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

not never

and leave the Safety a chance to break it up or disrupting VD..? remember VD needs a perfect pass

Kap needs ask Alex on how to get chemistry with VD.
Share 49ersWebzone