There are 255 users in the forums

Oddly, the SEA/GB debacle of an outcome could work in our favor...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i have always argued it was not a BAD call, but it was not the RIGHT one. i can understand how the referee can come to that decision, especially when nobody has it in the pile, but they both have it.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
i have always argued it was not a BAD call, but it was not the RIGHT one. i can understand how the referee can come to that decision, especially when nobody has it in the pile, but they both have it.

Yeah, I never argued at the time that it was a CLEAR OFFENSIVE CATCH, as those blogs I referenced seem to. I was mainly defending the replacement officials because I could immediately tell that the announcers and the rest of the country were letting the officials' incompetence over three weeks blind them to an objective evaluation of that particular play. The bottom line is that there is a list a MILE long of all the horrendous and incompetent things the replacement officials did, but this particular play, (1) could EASILY and understandably been called the EXACT same way by the best officials in the game, and (2) ironically, the officials' correct understanding of what exactly they were allowed to review and their fortitude in sticking with the unpopular decision AND forcing the Packers back on the field were both departures in a positive direction from what we'd seen from the replacement officials previously.
double
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Dec 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
The call at the end of the Seattle/Green Bay game was correct.

Try reading the rulebook, watching the slow-mo, and not being a sheep.

This. The call was correct, as defined by the rules. It's just a stupid rule, that is the problem.
WhoTF is this dude?
If we lost the second seed to GB it will suck to loose the bye, but playing in the Lambeau Filed with extremely bad weather may be interesting to our running game and running defense. I´m not saying its better (beacuse its not) finishing #3, but it may be not a disaster after all.
So if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a chicken??????........NO

You guys can pull up all the handbooks and guidebooks you want....

hell, you can get Ed Hochuli on this forum for all I care....

Im gonna side with Common sense, my own two eyes, and the rest of the world

That was one of the worst calls in the HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS

quite frankly the fact that so many of you are trying to say it was the right call disturbs me a bit

Im starting to think that people can be convinced that the sky is pink with green polka dots.
a 4 year old could see that was a BS call, you guys need to give this a rest
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lmao, can't believe anyone thinks that was the right call. That call alone, was so bad that it settled the lockout.
If anyone believes that was a completed catch by Seattle should do everyone a favor and stop watching football... It's not about being a 'sheep'.. It's knowing that the Wr NEVER had any type of control of the ball what so ever. Horrible call which is why the refs were shown the door 3 days later. Please spare me with this crap...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

http://lifexinxrewind.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/why-the-seahawks-packers-finish-was-not-an-interception-and-why-it-would-have-been-called-the-same-by-any-referee-crew/

If you have a moment.

And... The US Government crashed those planes into the World Trade Center too, right??
[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Dec 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM ]

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

http://lifexinxrewind.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/why-the-seahawks-packers-finish-was-not-an-interception-and-why-it-would-have-been-called-the-same-by-any-referee-crew/

If you have a moment.

Tate pushed off for an uncalled offensive pass interference that would have ended the game, but this is irrelevant when history shows no referee in football will make such a call on a Hail Mary. Seattle's win is legit.

But, there is an unwritten rule that you do not call pass interference on a Hail Mary at any level of football, whether you are a real ref or a replacement. It just does not happen.

from the first link............... it doesn't make it legal.
my biggest gripe against that play was how it was handled. normally you'll see a conference after a play like that. the head ref should gotten involved.

but it's time to move on from this.

*edit: interception not incomplete.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]

If you have a moment.

I guess you know more than Mike Pereira and all the other announcers (ex pros) who saw it differently.
You must be a Seattle fan or you wouldn't be making such a statement.

Also, if the call had been right, there wouldn't have been such a mad rush to settle with the regular refs. Obviously a lot of knowledgeable people also thought it was wrong.

And these two articles were written by who? Scott Kacsmar and WHO? (Somebody who loves rock and James Bond Films?) Obviously knowledgeable professional football people.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM ]
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Regardless of if the call was right or wrong, the outcome of this Sunday night's game will determine if in fact that call did help us get the 2nd seed.

Would be great irony if we end up with the playoff bye because the refs made a call to win the Seahawks a game early in the season. I really hope that's the case.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's better that GB lost. We need to stack some losses up on them. They are far more scary than Seattle. Stop worrying about Seattle. Somebody will beat them in the playoffs. GB can win the Super Bowl. Having them be the #3 seed and us being #2 seed is huge. We need the bye and homefield against them at least. We really need to win the last 2 becasue I don't know if GB will lose.
Exactly, don't want to be in Lambeau in January.
Share 49ersWebzone