There are 279 users in the forums

A crazy thought about this D

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I was voting for the probowl last weekend and I was thinking...If you had to build a team for one year to win the Super Bowl (no salary cap). You could argue that ,if playing a 3-4, that team would incude Justin, Willis, Bowman, Aldon and Goldson...It's insane that 5 of 11 starting spots on an all nfl team could be from one D
[ Edited by fip24 on Nov 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM ]
Originally posted by fip24:
I was voting for the probowl last weekend and I was thinking...If you had to build a team for one year to win the Super Bowl (no salary cap). You could argue that ,if playing a 3-4, that team would incude Justin, Willis, Bowman, Aldon and Goldson...It's insane that 5 of 11 starting spots on an all nfl team could be from one D

Like the steelers in the early 2000's
Originally posted by pdizo916:

You mean Ravens?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

You mean Ravens?

We have so many game breakers on D it's crazy. I really enjoy watching our D play.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

You mean Ravens?

lol those 2 teams would have made up the whole defense except maybe 1 corner.
this WOULD be the front 7.
aldon.....bowman...willis...........???
justin....????....watt

i left the 2 blank because there are too many options and i wanted only locks. hell i think that could also be most of a 4-3 formation with pierre paul oppoiste aldon smith, and watt/justin moving inside.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
this WOULD be the front 7.
aldon.....bowman...willis...........???
justin....????....watt

i left the 2 blank because there are too many options and i wanted only locks. hell i think that could also be most of a 4-3 formation with pierre paul oppoiste aldon smith, and watt/justin moving inside.

Mathews, wilfork
my all star defense would be.

Front 7
watt...ngata...J.Smith
D.Ware...Willis...Bowman...Aldon Smith

Secondary
J.Haden...Goldson...E.Berry...J.Joseph
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Front 7
watt...ngata...J.Smith

Secondary

Don't Aldon Smith and Ware play the same position though (in terms of role)?

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Front 7
watt...ngata...J.Smith

Secondary

Don't Aldon Smith and Ware play the same position though (in terms of role)?

True...looks like D.Ware has to be left off the team then.
Crazy
Share 49ersWebzone