LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 158 users in the forums

Which player will be Kaep's security blanket tonight?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Bears know that we'll be looking to establish the run ealry and often so I think the offense is going to have some opportunity for big plays off playaction early in the game and the Kaeper is going to have to take advantage of it for us to win. The Bears are downright scary on defense as it is and then you add in the luck factor they have going on right now with every ball bouncing the right way, and they are even more scary. I'm hoping for the best but my hopes aren't real high considering last weeks performance.
Originally posted by KegBert:
A steady and effective dose of gore and hunter would be the best security blanket for him.

Agreed. If we can run the football effectively it takes a whole lot of pressure off him and opens up the passing game. I would not want to see us have to put the game on his shoulders. Waaayyyy to much to ask a QB in his first start against an All World Defense.
Biggest hope is that Akers has a day like he had all last year. It may come down to him.
Two unlikely, but potential security blankets...

1) Randy Moss- Not only for just the deep ball, but a wr with his experience knows how to help out his qb in all facets of the game. I can see us taking some deep back-shoulder throws against 1:1 coverage off of play action. Basically the only low risk, high reward type of passing play.

2) Lamichael James- I think we should activate him simply because he is perfect for the offense that Kaep knows how to run best. If Kaep initially struggles and we decide to shift the offense to play to his strengths (basically 2 minute drill, pistol offense) then James would be a great complement who has been equally as prolific under these scenarios. I also think the pistol would work against an aging Bears defense, due to the need for speed and conditioning to keep up.

Basically his security blanket should play to his strengths (deep/jump ball plays to his arm strength, and speed running allows us to go with pistol formations).
Your mom!! Haha jk I think maybe Williams or crabs
Originally posted by English:
Gore

Agree. I think were going to go in with a strong run game plan between Kaep, Gore, and Hunter.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Kap has a lot of weapons to rely on. Could be anyone. Crabs has come up big on third down for us. Manningham is a great RAC guy....Davis is always there and Moss needs a couple of deep shots.

The Bears will load up to stop the run and will dare Kap to pass on them....Kap needs to take that challenge.
ALDON SMITH - 3 Sacks, 2 FF, 1 returned for a TD!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

has Aldon ever beat the OL 1on1 for a sack? Or are they all off of that stunt where justin smith holds the guard so aldon can run around him?
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

has Aldon ever beat the OL 1on1 for a sack? Or are they all off of that stunt where justin smith holds the guard so aldon can run around him?

• zoos
  • Veteran
Manningham sir... Mr. mario will get a bulk of the targets, whereas Moss will get 1 or 2 deep passes. Crabtree will be a close 2nd to Mario. Gore/ Hunter, though I think Hunter will have more playing time, will get quite a few checkdowns and maybe 1 screen pass. Vernon may end having to block all day.

Moss running the 9 route...
For the sake of my fantasy team, I hope it's Crabtree. I don't feel so confident about that, though. I think Kaep will either look to Kyle Williams, who he probably gets reps with on the second team, or he'll take deep shots to Randy Moss.
Moss is a home run hitter, not a security blanket, really, does anyone see him being targeted 10-15 times this game? CK seems to look deep, if its not there instead of checking down, he takes off. Gore/Hunter will get a few "security" type catches, but CK depends more on his running instincts at this point than his throwing. If he has more completions in this game than runs/scrambles, Ill be impressed. Not to fault him, thats his game at this point, just as long as he moves the chains and protects the ball. His passing confidence will come in time.
GORE

Kaeptain Checkdown
  • sfout
  • Veteran
wont read previous 3 pages but the more important question is will Jenkins or James be active tonight? Because Jenkins was his security blanket during the preseason and Jenkins is the RB who has gotten the reps in the preseason and practice with CK as the read option back.
Share 49ersWebzone