LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 455 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our D can definitely stop Russel Wilson and Lynch. I'm worried about our O'line. If they are sacking Smith all day we're in trouble. I predict a low scoring game that will be decided by a field goal.
The Hawks are going to stack the box and cover the short routes (just like the Giants) so getting Moss inolved will be key along with Gore getting 20+ carries.
The Seahawks have been competent enough to have rivalries? Really? They're like the forgotten orphan of the NFL.
Originally posted by cortana49:
The Seahawks have been competent enough to have rivalries? Really? They're like the forgotten orphan of the NFL.

Hey, I've only lived in the Northwest so I have no idea how it feels to be in a respected sports town. All our teams, if we can keep them, suck 90% of the time, and when we do jump up there from time to time and win something, we still get no respect. Believe me, it isn't easy, but I'll root on until we do or until I die! Sports saddest I guess...

The seahawks have been relevant since 2002.

With that said, the niners will win.
Originally posted by birdman5:

Hey, I've only lived in the Northwest so I have no idea how it feels to be in a respected sports town. All our teams, if we can keep them, suck 90% of the time, and when we do jump up there from time to time and win something, we still get no respect. Believe me, it isn't easy, but I'll root on until we do or until I die! Sports saddest I guess...

Good response! Stick around, you are very welcome here.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
The seahawks have been relevant since 2002.

With that said, the niners will win.

I'm looking at the span of an organizations existence. So if we give them 2002... they've been relevant for 10 of their 36 years.

Not to mention they were an expansion team and then were moved to NFC in... what year was it? My point is that I find it funny they even have rivals! Kansas City Chiefs at one point maybe? At this point in time though, I'd have to say it is the Niners.
i cant stand our offense, so frustrating to watch

really hope they get some things going, ground and air
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Time to activate the Jenkins

Seattle had the momentum on their side, and looked like they were going to win that first game...until Ginn happened.

we were HORRIBLE on 3rd down conversions that game.

They are even better this year, so it should be a tough game even at Candlestick.
My guess is, and a wild one, is the niners are going to be more prepared for this game, than they were for the Giants.
Couple of things.

First about rivalries- and who we (Seahawks fans) consider ours and why. The definition of rivalry to me is the team I look forward to playing- and beating- the most each year. Hawker84 got run about us having Pittsburgh and Green Bay as our top 2 rivals. They are to me. Number 3 would be Chicago. All we have as Hawk fans are bad memories when it comes to playoffs, the SuperBowl...in the last 10 yrs those three teams are responsible for ending our playoff runs. I hate Pittsburgh so bad it hurts...the Green Bay "rivalry" doesn't carry as much hate, but I consider them more of a rivalry to us than SF, right now. I also hate Chicago. The Rams beat us once, I consider them a rival also, but not as much anymore because we have beat them up recently...until earlier this year

For me, our rivals in order:

Pittsburgh
Green Bay
Chicago
San Francisco
St Louis

Remember, we hate these guys because they have killed our dreams- not because of geography or divisional crap.

Secondly, I remember trading for ol' Kentwaan Balmer. I think we traded a late rounder for him. We made a lot of deals back then and got as many people in camp as we could. He didn't do it for us just like he didn't do it for you guys.

Lastly, this game should be great. I don't buy the "Seahawks are only good at home" bs. We went to the east coast and won a game- with a rookie QB against last year's RoY. Also don't buy it because the defense is our key. The crowd doesn't really have as much an effect on opposing defenses as it does on opposing offenses.

Whoever has the ball last wins; either way, it will be 16-13...hopefully the good guys pull it off
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneHawkFan:
Couple of things.

First about rivalries- and who we (Seahawks fans) consider ours and why. The definition of rivalry to me is the team I look forward to playing- and beating- the most each year. Hawker84 got run about us having Pittsburgh and Green Bay as our top 2 rivals. They are to me. Number 3 would be Chicago. All we have as Hawk fans are bad memories when it comes to playoffs, the SuperBowl...in the last 10 yrs those three teams are responsible for ending our playoff runs. I hate Pittsburgh so bad it hurts...the Green Bay "rivalry" doesn't carry as much hate, but I consider them more of a rivalry to us than SF, right now. I also hate Chicago. The Rams beat us once, I consider them a rival also, but not as much anymore because we have beat them up recently...until earlier this year

For me, our rivals in order:

Pittsburgh
Green Bay
Chicago
San Francisco
St Louis

Remember, we hate these guys because they have killed our dreams- not because of geography or divisional crap.

Secondly, I remember trading for ol' Kentwaan Balmer. I think we traded a late rounder for him. We made a lot of deals back then and got as many people in camp as we could. He didn't do it for us just like he didn't do it for you guys.

Lastly, this game should be great. I don't buy the "Seahawks are only good at home" bs. We went to the east coast and won a game- with a rookie QB against last year's RoY. Also don't buy it because the defense is our key. The crowd doesn't really have as much an effect on opposing defenses as it does on opposing offenses.

Whoever has the ball last wins; either way, it will be 16-13...hopefully the good guys pull it off

No, it won't be like that. I don't dee the Seahawks scoring more than 10 points. It will be aroung 21-10 niners in a pretty easy win. the 10 points is being nice.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
The Hawks are going to stack the box and cover the short routes (just like the Giants) so getting Moss inolved will be key along with Gore getting 20+ carries.

.. and we NEED our receivers to match the physicality on the outside and get open. The Hawks will probably still grab and hold every chance they get, so for that, it comes down to luck in the form of the ref's disposition. We should definitely use some of the clever misdirection runs to the outside. Run a lot behind Boone ( locked in yet at LT? and Iupati ) vs the likes of Clemons and we should be able to get some positive push forward. Gotta win the turnover battle or at least keep it dead even... and kicking to Leon Washington troubles me too, since our STs has fallen off quite a bit.
Share 49ersWebzone