There are 220 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Stafford will be getting X-rays by half time.
OW!!...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
You are right, Alex Smith won't get 300 yards passing. If he gets 300 yards, that means we played from behind. I see 250 or less, efficient, and clock management by the 4th quarter.

I hope Smith throws in that nice 200 yard range and Gore gets about 100 along with Hunter going for 75 yards or so. That would be nice.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
OW!!...

On what?
Originally posted by ObjectiveFactsLions:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I love it. suh gets one sack in the 1st game and it's, "He's playing the best football of his life!!". His meltdown is imminent. And any D line with Sammy lee hill ain't scaring anybody. There's a handful of Dlines around the league I would say are better than the lions

Apparently you didn't see Suh's one-handed take down of Stephen Jackson last week either. Or the explosive speed he has shown all throughout camp. Remember, last year he was battling shoulder surgery. And you'll get an excellent chance to see SLH in action today as well. Will be fun to see Smith try to keep up with Stafford.

He won't need to, we play team football, and we keep running the ball (not just against the Rams). No one said Sue wasn't strong. He's crazy strong, he's just a selfish, undisciplined, dirty punk.
No noise problems this year, and there were no OL penalties the first week, so I expect the niners to quietly control the game and keep building the lead.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
OW!!...

On what?

His pinkie....? Can't ---take ---- pain.... OW!!!...
Keep up with Stafford? No thanks. I'd like to see Smith not throw three interceptions.

Do you even know anything about our team. Smith could throw for 300 yards, but that's not how we win games. We'll stick to our winning formula.

This! BTW. I love your username. Big fan.
Originally posted by kush:
To be fair, the sack DID come against the Stl Rams and their all-pro calibre OL.

Criticizing one of the Lions' strengths is ridiculous. Lions had 5 sacks last year vs. your stellar oline. And we are much improved this time around. Delusion runs rampant in this forum, apparently.
Apparently you didn't see Suh's one-handed take down of Stephen Jackson last week either. Or the explosive speed he has shown all throughout camp. Remember, last year he was battling shoulder surgery. And you'll get an excellent chance to see SLH in action today as well. Will be fun to see Smith try to keep up with Stafford.

Keep up with Stafford? No thanks. I'd like to see Smith not throw three interceptions.

Do you even know anything about our team. Smith could throw for 300 yards, but that's not how we win games. We'll stick to our winning formula.

not to mention he kept up with aaron rodgers

he had more yards than rodgers going into like the 4 min left in 3rd ! but we stopped passing comletely because we wanted to run down the clock
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I love it. suh gets one sack in the 1st game and it's, "He's playing the best football of his life!!". His meltdown is imminent. And any D line with Sammy lee hill ain't scaring anybody. There's a handful of Dlines around the league I would say are better than the lions

MOST. OVERRATED. TACKLE. EVER.

And no one is scared of SLH. So many d lines are better than or comparable you yours lol

Criticizing one of the Lions' strengths is ridiculous. Lions had 5 sacks last year vs. your stellar oline. And we are much improved this time around. Delusion runs rampant in this forum, apparently.

Great self awareness
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
not to mention he kept up with aaron rodgers

he had more yards than rodgers going into like the 4 min left in 3rd ! but we stopped passing comletely because we wanted to run down the clock

I think the best way to measure Smith's stats (though not the right way everytime) is to compare them to the opposing QB during halftime. Harbaugh tends to go much more conservative during halftime. He actually will go conservative in the first half depending on if the 9ers are leading and by how much. Most NFL teams don't go with the run so much even if they are winning.
The Lions pre-game on the Fox channel is talking about Harbaugh. They are saying that he might burn out before he's 55.

Detroit Lions are:

0-8 vs 49ers since 1996
0-6 @ Candlestick since 1996
1-12 All Time @ Candlestick (1971-present)

/thread
SF - 30

DET - 20

Happy Day, all !!!

Share 49ersWebzone