There are 242 users in the forums

Akers with the record tying kick!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The kick was beautiful, right down the pipe. Once it it the cross bar it was like time froze waiting for whether it would bounce in or out... similar to a clutch shot that bounces off the rim in basketball!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
As a former kicker, I can appreciate what an absolutely AMAZING FEAT that is. BEAST.

I think you meant "FOOT" OnTheClock Huge congrats to Akers.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Lord Akers still our MVP. No joke.
Originally posted by SFBlue:
The kick was beautiful, right down the pipe. Once it it the cross bar it was like time froze waiting for whether it would bounce in or out... similar to a clutch shot that bounces off the rim in basketball!

Yeah, I thought it was going to fall short after bouncing off of it but you are right time did stand still. It was just an awesome moment. I think I cheered louder for that than any other thing today.

Edit: here it is...

I was too busy celebrating to notice that Dixon picked him up and coach came out to congratulate him instead of heading right to the locker room.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:54 PM ]
I can't believe they even attempted it. Much less made it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I was worried with our luck it would get blocked and returned for a TD and change the whole game.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I was worried with our luck it would get blocked and returned for a TD and change the whole game.

This isn't 2004
An Angel zoomed in and gave it a little flick.
i've never ever even thought of buying a kickers jersey til today

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
This isn't 2004

true, true I should say our luck at Lambeu. But with a kick that long the trajectory has to be very low and a lot of them are blocked. Looks like Raji had his hand up high but it was a bit over it.

P.S. Isn't there a rule against standing under the goal post and jumping up to block it. I know you can be back there to return but I thought there was a rule against standing under it and waiting to block it. Looked like the player did try to jump up and block it.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:58 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That was an awesome kick how it bounced over. When that happened I knew it was our day.
Originally posted by susweel:
That was an awesome kick how it bounced over. When that happened I knew it was our day.

More than just our day. Everything and everyone on this team is special. This defense is possibly better than last year, imagine this offense if it progresses from now to the end of the season as much as it improved from day 1 to the playoffs last year. This is our year, I can feel it....downstairs
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by susweel:

More than just our day. Everything and everyone on this team is special. This defense is possibly better than last year, imagine this offense if it progresses from now to the end of the season as much as it improved from day 1 to the playoffs last year. This is our year, I can feel it....downstairs

I hope so but like coach says "one game at a time".
Freak'n awesome. Harbaugh running out onto the field
Share 49ersWebzone