There are 204 users in the forums

League-Wide Game-by-Game Predictions; I have the 49ers Going 12-4, ending with...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DKPthe49erfan:
why doesnt anybody believe the 49ers can beat a top tier team!!! Every prediction i've seen has us losing to NE, GB, & NO why is that?

Alex Smith
Its gonna be Har-Bowl II with us beating to Ravens 24 - 17. Bringing real football back and trashing this don't foul the QB WR flag football crap nowadays
STOP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
STOP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!

NO YOU STOP!!!!
We beat NO already. NE is too one dimensional and green bay is a tough offense, but our defense is tough as well. We match up well against all of these teams, we should deserve the credit of a 50/50 win chance against them. We have as much chance winning as they do. Well honestly I think NE has no chance against us. NO and GB are up in the air.

Edit: NE has a chance, I just think we match up really well against them and have a big advantage in that one.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Sep 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM ]
Originally posted by mella8:
Alex Smith

Oh yea I forgot we have an average qb with top tier running game, defense, & special teams. NE & GB has a top tier qb and horrible defense & run game & average special teams lol I see why we would lose that game
i have a hard time seeing houston go 13-3 with how fragile shaub and andre johnson are. both these guys are made of glass
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
STOP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!

NO YOU STOP!!!!

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
STOP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!

NO YOU STOP!!!!

I blame the NFL commissioner, for not starting the darn season already.
Texans vs 49ers in the Superbowl

Bears vs 49ers in the NFC Championship
Texans vs. Ravens in the AFC Championship

Texans defense is dominant as fuuuu.. and if Schaub and AJ stay healthy, its a deadly f**kin team
Bears will win their division... yes, you read that right.

Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Eh. Are you familiar with "expected wins" in sports? They call in Pythagorean wins. And its a function of pts scored and pts allowed. On that metric, the 49ers were #1 last year. The packers overperformed more than anyone else. Since 1983, overperformers become undeeperformets the next year, and vice versa.

So if green bay plays like they did last year and play like a 12 win team, the packers are more likely to go 9-7 than 15-1.
If you're going to base your predictions on math and statistics, how about "regression to the mean"? The Niners defense waaaaaaaaaaaaay over performed last year (in terms of takeaways) which let to 13 wins. The turnover differential is bound to come down, as will wins. The offense is the wild card. With the new additions and year 2 in the system, it SHOULD get better, but who knows. Probably not enough to offset the slight step back the defense will take.

Now SF will probably be an overall better team, but with a tougher schedule, 10 or 11 wins is completely logical and realistic.

I agree with 10 or 11 wins, but I don't understand where the "harder schedule" thing comes from. Someone on TV says it, and now everybody says it because everybody says it.
Our hardest games are harder than last year, but every other game is easier. We are @GB, @NE, @NO. Those three games are arguably harder than any game we had last year, BUT, every other game is EASIER compared to last year. Those three super tough games make pundits say stuff like, "Just look at the 49ers schedule this year. They have Green Bay, New England, and New Orleans on the road. Obviously, they have a tougher schedule this year".
But its an absurd logic, because every OTHER game is looking very winnable.

10 or 11 wins? Yes. Tougher schedule? No.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
No way the 49ers match last year's win total. Not with that schedule. They also won't be so lucky with injuries. I do believe they are a better team, even if the win total doesn't show it.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
We beat NO already. NE is too one dimensional and green bay is a tough offense, but our defense is tough as well. We match up well against all of these teams, we should deserve the credit of a 50/50 win chance against them. We have as much chance winning as they do. Well honestly I think NE has no chance against us. NO and GB are up in the air.

Edit: NE has a chance, I just think we match up really well against them and have a big advantage in that one.

The reason we deserve to be underdogs in those three games is because they are on the road. Those teams are extremely hard to beat at their place. If you look at their records at home, its scary. There is no way we are 50/50 in those games unless we are a much improved team from last year.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Texans vs 49ers in the Superbowl

Bears vs 49ers in the NFC Championship
Texans vs. Ravens in the AFC Championship

Texans defense is dominant as fuuuu.. and if Schaub and AJ stay healthy, its a deadly f**kin team
Bears will win their division... yes, you read that right.

I've been telling people that the bears may win the North. Most underrated team. Old defense made me err on the side of Caution.
@BrianGO I think the whole at home, away w/l record is a hoax. Have our players figured that out, probably not. It's all in a person's head. The only thing that gives a team at home an advantage is crowd noise. Everything else is in the player's heads. Home teams gathering confidence and away teams being intimidated. I think that Jim Harbaugh has complete control of this teams psyche and therefore a team is going to have to beat us on the field and not with the intimidation of their home field. I'll give you that domes are going to give advantages to passing teams. So maybe the Saints get the dome but we already have their number. We beat them once and from what i've seen in the NFL once you beat a group of players once it becomes easier to play them again. There's the whole revenge playing hard crap but once again that's in their heads as well. I think we win 2 of these games. One is NE and the other, a toss up.
Share 49ersWebzone