LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 482 users in the forums

Preseason Week 1: Thoughts after Re-Watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Speaking of the Oline did Boone look good? Who would make up the regular season second line, or backups?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Speaking of the Oline did Boone look good? Who would make up the regular season second line, or backups?

Boone was excellent in his limited play.

I figure Mike Person to be the backup OT (if Boone doesn't slide out in the event of an injury)... Leonard Davis as the primary backup G, but with Joe Looney on his heals... and Kilgore the backup C.
Seems like most of the Jacobs' runs were on Boone and Davis side the last game.... could be wrong.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

Boone was excellent in his limited play.

I figure Mike Person to be the backup OT (if Boone doesn't slide out in the event of an injury)... Leonard Davis as the primary backup G, but with Joe Looney on his heals... and Kilgore the backup C.

Yeah...would have to agree.

The Nice thing about Boone is that while he is new to being a starter, he's not new to the team. He's been here for a few years now and he knows the offense.

The key with him is gonna be getting low because he's so tall. Unfortunately, O-Linemen tend to get high (no pun intended) when they tire, so we may not really know until he gets into the 4th quarter of a regular season game.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM ]
Might be strange to say, but I'm almost worried about Boone now being too quick. He sliced through the 2nd a time or two and was so quick he didn't always get the best angle on a block. He was crucial on that 4th and 1 as a battering ram through DL and LB.
^ meant 2nd level in the second sentence.
Anyone watch Looney?
Originally posted by natrone06:
Anyone watch Looney?

Mixed bag. Not very good at zone blocking yet. Other things... not too bad. Anchors pretty well. Had a good pull block, but also allowed a sack in zone block. Not a bad start for the rookie. I did a play by play that can be found here and accounted for all except the last few minutes of the 4th. Just have to click and scroll as you go.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/166524-oldman9ers-preseason-play-vikings/
We will not succeed with a run the hell out of the ball philosophy...Sorry! But the truth!
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
We will not succeed with a run the hell out of the ball philosophy...Sorry! But the truth!

Balance is the way. (not being condescending)

What makes you think the balance won't be broadly the same as last year, adjusted to take into account the upgrade at receiver?
Originally posted by English:

What makes you think the balance won't be broadly the same as last year, adjusted to take into account the upgrade at receiver?

She even sees it !

70/30 with the run

I doubt it will stay the same but so far nothing has changed
Agreed. I do not advocate trading him, unless someone just "has to have him", and I haven't seen anything yet to indicate that someone would make that kind of offer. I am still intrigued by a guy with size, speed, quickness, rocket arm, and just wonder if he can catch the ball. At the very least , while he is bench sitting, it would be interesting to see if he can catch passes. If so, he would be one helluva weapon .As for what he is worth in trade, not a #2, and you are right, not a #7. Somewhere in between. Just so there is no doubt, I would like to see the kid become an Ace QB. A yr and change into it, I am not seeing it yet. Sucker can sure churn and burn tho, wow.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Feel better now, you condesending prick. For the record, the video you posted was the basic angle, not the one on NFL Year Book. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looked like it.

street credited.

there is absolutely no need to do that and you should know better.

I do know better, but I dont care. Dude always responds in a way thats snarky. He's a a jerk in a way that he knows he could get away with, per forum rules. Good for him. I'm sure he's smiling right now in his underwear Boone and Smith Fanboy t-shirt, drinking a slurpy while he waits for his mom to fix him a baloney sandwich....Anyways, I already have a 25 warning, do what you must. Trust me boast, you would be doing me a huge favor. Too much "group think," "in crowd" on this forum anway.

For the record, Oldman you can be a real homo. Peace.

NOOOOooooOOooooOooOooooOOOoooooo...
Share 49ersWebzone