LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 205 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wanted to make sure we lost one game to keep away from the curse.....this should do it!!!
Its not even like they played our first string defense at all sine we were missing two players I know of.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Outta the country and couldn't watch the game... Did this have the feel of a game where after Jacobs went down the team looked more interested in getting it over with and off the field rather than executing?

Even though it sounds like a less than stellar performance, this seems like a good "bring Em down to earth" game... Going 4-0 in preseason is like the kiss of death for the regular season, would rather have some weak performances to light the fires under some players butts if we plan on being ready for green bay right off the bat.

Judging from what I've seen so far my opinion is Harbaugh really has no interest in the preseason and if given the choice he would probably take 4 extra practices than the 4 preseason games.

That's why I don't put a lot of stock into the preseason games because it seems like Harbaugh already knows who's starting and he just wants to run a vanilla as possible offense to reveal as little as possible and to get out of there with as few injuries as possible and get back to practice.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
I wanted to make sure we lost one game to keep away from the curse.....this should do it!!!
pre season is the only time i am ok with losing.
Has Crabs done anything?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
for those who saw the game, do we have at least one and maybe two free agent no name outside linebackers who are actually do a very nice job and could push for a back up spot on the roster this year? also who did kick and punt returns last night and how did that go? thank you cc
Originally posted by jreff22:
Has Crabs done anything?

he looked good of course it was limited time adn everything but i think all our WR looked solid
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Judging from what I've seen so far my opinion is Harbaugh really has no interest in the preseason and if given the choice he would probably take 4 extra practices than the 4 preseason games.

That's why I don't put a lot of stock into the preseason games because it seems like Harbaugh already knows who's starting and he just wants to run a vanilla as possible offense to reveal as little as possible and to get out of there with as few injuries as possible and get back to practice.

Agree about this. Harbaugh looked a bit irritated by the whole game. He is no doubt leery of injury and just wants to see certain players to evaluate their game-readiness. I liked the blitzing because Smith, the blockers and the receivers all need to speed up their identification and reaction at real game speed.
i missed to watch the 3rd and 4th too cuz i went out. ...
i believe the way harbaugh has these guys playing is off of pure instincts..to find out who has the football IQ! i dont have a link but i remember reading somewhere that last pre season they didnt game plan for any team they played in preseason.. they where gameplanning for the seahawks around this time. so im not worried one bit.

i think the whole first team starting unit looked great. i expect the defense to regress a lil bit in the turnover category just because last years was so amazing. all in all i think our team is still solid all around i hope the next two games just shake off some playing rust and injury free! im excited for lambeau!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Just a heads up. Their replaying the game on NFLN at 10:00am. 15 minutes from now.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Just a heads up. Their replaying the game on NFLN at 10:00am. 15 minutes from now.

Thank you!
Just re-watching on NFLN. That phantom holding call on Davis cost us a points. Think it went from 3rd and 1/2 a yard to 3rd and 14. We ended up going for it on 4th and 1 on that drive and didn't get it. Could have cost us a td. I think our 1's despite missing Brooks and Aldon held their own but they were missing Watt.

And it was funny NFL Network actually put Jim Harbaugh gets headache from officiating. What a joke... they want to make everything into a story. And the media wonders why nobody wants to talk to them.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Just re-watching on NFLN. That phantom holding call on Davis cost us a points. Think it went from 3rd and 1/2 a yard to 3rd and 14. We ended up going for it on 4th and 1 on that drive and didn't get it. Could have cost us a td. I think our 1's despite missing Brooks and Aldon held their own but they were missing Watt.

And it was funny NFL Network actually put Jim Harbaugh gets headache from officiating. What a joke... they want to make everything into a story. And the media wonders why nobody wants to talk to them.

Those refs were the worst I have seen yet. They missed an obvious holding call committed against Mario Manningham as well. I wasn't even paying close attention and saw that hold from a mile away.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Those refs were the worst I have seen yet. They missed an obvious holding call committed against Mario Manningham as well. I wasn't even paying close attention and saw that hold from a mile away.

Yeah, that would have given us like 30 yards. I thought they were decent in the 1st game but this game there were a lot of missed calls.
Share 49ersWebzone