LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 190 users in the forums

Does the coaching staff stay if we win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/06/10/how-long-until-the-49ers-band-of-coaches-gets-broken-up/

Reading the above article ust kind of got me thinking.

Earlier in the offseason, there were a few articles out there about us losing some of our staff. I didn't think it would happen then, but I'm kind of wondering, if we are successful this year and our staff gets offers, do they take them?

I mean, let's say we win the SB... There's really no reason for them to stick around here. They have the ring, and I'm sure most of the coaches would like to be HCs at some point.

Even if we lose the SB... even if we miss the SB by a game or so... Do they stick around and win it here? This ENTIRE team is built with TEAM in mind. I'm really hoping our staff truly believes in that.

I'm hoping these guys really believe in JH and the team mentality. I'm really getting sick of our coaching roster being raided. It's been so long since we've had a good staff, and JH and crew is ridiculously awesome.

So I guess the question is: Who would go, who's the first to go, OR Does Roman, Seely or the rest of the crew envision themselves as a HC without a SB win?
at least if we lose our OC this time it wont be as big of a deal as its harbaughs playbook

losing vic fangio would be our biggest problem
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
at least if we lose our OC this time it wont be as big of a deal as its harbaughs playbook

I think Ed Donatell if you can over look his Packers playoff game against the Eagles Just make sure we keep Tomsula for the guys up front.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mkmasn:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/06/10/how-long-until-the-49ers-band-of-coaches-gets-broken-up/

Earlier in the offseason, there were a few articles out there about us losing some of our staff. I didn't think it would happen then, but I'm kind of wondering, if we are successful this year and our staff gets offers, do they take them?

I mean, let's say we win the SB... There's really no reason for them to stick around here. They have the ring, and I'm sure most of the coaches would like to be HCs at some point.

Even if we lose the SB... even if we miss the SB by a game or so... Do they stick around and win it here? This ENTIRE team is built with TEAM in mind. I'm really hoping our staff truly believes in that.

I'm hoping these guys really believe in JH and the team mentality. I'm really getting sick of our coaching roster being raided. It's been so long since we've had a good staff, and JH and crew is ridiculously awesome.

So I guess the question is: Who would go, who's the first to go, OR Does Roman, Seely or the rest of the crew envision themselves as a HC without a SB win?

its been a long offseason.........
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

how much is it JH's as GR's? GR calls most of the plays, right? I mean, JH is probably collaborating and has the final say, but how much of what we see each week is GR?

I'm not too worried about our D... we had a pretty good D before they got here (although this year was insane).
I think Roman goes back to college. I think he'll be great there. Smart, good teacher. For some reason I just don't see him as a NFL HC.
how much is it JH's as GR's? GR calls most of the plays, right? I mean, JH is probably collaborating and has the final say, but how much of what we see each week is GR?

I'm not too worried about our D... we had a pretty good D before they got here (although this year was insane).

roman calls the play but the playbook will still be harbaughs

basically unlike previous years we wnot have to change systems

true a D coord shouldn't be too hard to find with the talent we have but vic did a fantastic job
if they wanna win multiple championships theyll stay. with a stacked, young roster and a genius for a head coach they would have to be greedy to want to leave. i can understand maybe Roman wants to be a HC somewhere and I wouldnt blame him for wanting to try it but i think Fangio stays, if he wanted to be a HC he woulda tried it years ago. the lesser coaches who knows but im sure theyre smart enough to realize how good they have it here and how potentially great this team is.
It's the price of success and just a matter of time.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
My only hope is that Fangio is too old to want to be a head coach and they can keep him with enough money. Most of the rest of the guys are gone sooner rather than later.

Leavitt, roman, crist, donatell, all are in a position that they still want to move up the ladder. I could see us keeping the o-line coaches and rathman long term.

Originally posted by fly15:

its been a long offseason.........
You know as well as I that the post get much, much more idiotic then this. At least this has a very valid point.

You tell me Marty.
when they win the/a SB its going to be kinda hard to keep the staff together with all the $$$ that's gonna get thrown at them. we were lucky enough that JH couild assemble such a staff with this much experience in the first place.
Any team that wins will have their assistants on the market. The good thing about the 49ers is that Harbaugh is an offensive mind and he seems to attract top people around him. Harbaugh is in the game a long time and has a pipeline to college and the NFL, I'm sure he'll have no problem hiring future great coaches.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
It's the price of success and just a matter of time.

Originally posted by Allx9er:
when they win the/a SB its going to be kinda hard to keep the staff together with all the $$$ that's gonna get thrown at them. we were lucky enough that JH couild assemble such a staff with this much experience in the first place.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Any team that wins will have their assistants on the market. The good thing about the 49ers is that Harbaugh is an offensive mind and he seems to attract top people around him. Harbaugh is in the game a long time and has a pipeline to college and the NFL, I'm sure he'll have no problem hiring future great coaches.

All of this, but for the first time in a while I'm not really worried about it
Share 49ersWebzone