LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 293 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Which elbow did he hurt...carrying arm or the other?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Which elbow did he hurt...carrying arm or the other?

Other, sounds like.
Prior to Hunter's injury, many of us thought James was done here as a Niner. And now with his own injury, if someone clearly steps up as a returner over the next month or two while he heals, will he even make the team if a guy like Hampton looks good? So Gore, Hyde, Lattimore and Hampton? We have to remember we barely used the #2 RB last year and that was a well-proven, Hunter.
Prior to Hunter's injury, many of us thought James was done here as a Niner. And now with his own injury, if someone clearly steps up as a returner over the next month or two while he heals, will he even make the team if a guy like Hampton looks good? So Gore, Hyde, Lattimore and Hampton? We have to remember we barely used the #2 RB last year and that was a well-proven, Hunter.
True but I think James will stick b/c he might be the only back on the roster with some quickness. They might want to use him in the screen game(if they use screen's at all). Plus they might want to use a few more runs on the outside this year to loosen up defenses. Not to mention that we migh tnot get what we thought from Lattimore and I'm not sure they want to throw Hampton out there.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Rainey release was not performance based but for violating team rules, according to a source.

Seems like a trouble maker.
Perfect fit for this team! Bring him in ASAP!!!

Ahhh.... sounds like his kind of violence is more of the Raven kind.

Yea wasn't he the dude that was stalking his ex and sending her death threats

Yeah....I dont think we add anyone that comes with a decent paycheck. We could add a camp body for sure, but Gore, Hyde, Lattimore and Hampton are going to be your preseason game day backs. If anything this is great for Hyde since he will now get to be the preseason work horse and really learn on the job. Lattimore is being brought alone slow and I think that is the right call. It sounds like the legs are as close as they will ever be physically and now it just about getting him where he needs to be confidence wise so we can really see if he can return to form.
Originally posted by lamontb:
True but I think James will stick b/c he might be the only back on the roster with some quickness. They might want to use him in the screen game(if they use screen's at all). Plus they might want to use a few more runs on the outside this year to loosen up defenses. Not to mention that we migh tnot get what we thought from Lattimore and I'm not sure they want to throw Hampton out there.

You may very well be right...stay tuned!
We'll be fine. Silver lining...it's an arm injury so he can still keep in shape and do conditioning. If it were an ankle or leg injury, he probably wouldn't be in shape enough to play week 1.

Not that I want to see anyone injured, but I'm kind of glad Hyde will get more reps as backup because I think he's the long term answer at the position and I've never been a fan of LMJ as PR/KR and would love to see Ellington there at least initially, so more reps for him there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Yeah....I dont think we add anyone that comes with a decent paycheck. We could add a camp body for sure, but Gore, Hyde, Lattimore and Hampton are going to be your preseason game day backs. If anything this is great for Hyde since he will now get to be the preseason work horse and really learn on the job. Lattimore is being brought alone slow and I think that is the right call. It sounds like the legs are as close as they will ever be physically and now it just about getting him where he needs to be confidence wise so we can really see if he can return to form.
I agree with this. I'm even thinking they might keep lattimore on the PUP so that a promising player on the defensive side makes the team. Okoye anyone? this protects lattimore and enables him to be activated late in the season when perhaps our other RB's may have some dings.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I agree with this. I'm even thinking they might keep lattimore on the PUP so that a promising player on the defensive side makes the team. Okoye anyone? this protects lattimore and enables him to be activated late in the season when perhaps our other RB's may have some dings.

I thought about that as well. No need to rush him esp. with 3 RB's on the roster. Let him gain his confidence and bring he and Bowman back at the same time. That said, it sounds like the knee is structurally sound and he just needs to bring the hamstring and surrounding muscles along slowly and get them reacclimated but for now, he could be that perfect change-of-pace back as well (or package RB). But overall, I agree.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
We'll be fine. Silver lining...it's an arm injury so he can still keep in shape and do conditioning. If it were an ankle or leg injury, he probably wouldn't be in shape enough to play week 1.

Not that I want to see anyone injured, but I'm kind of glad Hyde will get more reps as backup because I think he's the long term answer at the position and I've never been a fan of LMJ as PR/KR and would love to see Ellington there at least initially, so more reps for him there.

Agree. It's the next man up. I think the RB position needs to have great depth because of how important it is to HaRoman's offensive system. I think ellington might be the better answer at KR. If we continue to do well acquiring UDFA's on defense, I can see us using some draft capital for the RB position again next year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
see what happens when you get rid of korey sheets? actually a scrub like him would be ok to sign to help us get through pre season in my opinion. there has to be somone out there sacking groceries for vaughns bylow who you could bring in for a min salary to lessen the load in pre season games since we only have two healthy backs right now, gore should only be used for about four carries in the last pre season game of the year
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
see what happens when you get rid of korey sheets? actually a scrub like him would be ok to sign to help us get through pre season in my opinion. there has to be somone out there sacking groceries for vaughns bylow who you could bring in for a min salary to lessen the load in pre season games since we only have two healthy backs right now, gore should only be used for about four carries in the last pre season game of the year

I'm probably okay with him not getting a carry in pre-season at all. Save him for Dallas. But I do agree about needing to get someone in pads to take some of the load off.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

I'm probably okay with him not getting a carry in pre-season at all. Save him for Dallas. But I do agree about needing to get someone in pads to take some of the load off.
no even gore has to get a hand full of carries, he has to get hit and he has to hit someone to shake off the cobs.
Originally posted by Baldie:

no even gore has to get a hand full of carries, he has to get hit and he has to hit someone to shake off the cobs.

dallas' D is like that of a 4th preseason game #problemsolved
Share 49ersWebzone