LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 328 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Disp:
No, I don't. We have Lattimore, Hyde, and Hampton. There is plenty of depth, and James will be ready before the season starts.

no it's not, not for this time of year. Gore isn't expected to play at all during the preseason, we're taking it slowly with Lattimore and the last thing we want to do is overuse him as soon as he comes back. Hampton will get a ton of carries in the PS but we still need 2 add a guy or 2 to get through TC/pre-season.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
He'd better not have a catastrophic fumble in an important game.....oh wait

I personally had no problem with that fumble. I agree that he should have had a tighter grip on it but you can't blame the man for fighting for those yards like he was.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I've always thought Jewel Hampton can be productive. He has been kept around for a few years so Harbaugh and staff know what they have. The team still has depth at the position but is lacking that change of pace back with Hunter and James down.

He's been kept around yet we've drafted a RB the last 4 years. The staff likes him just enough to not put him on the roster and use him a ton in the preseason 2 save our real/better RBs for the regular season.
Nothing to worry about, he's familiar with the system and it's not a leg injury. I'm thinking he can still be useful by the time the regular season starts.
hurts elbow

gets carted off the field

#LMJing
Originally posted by RonMexico:
hurts elbow

#LMJing

We know James can be a bit Dramatic...so pls understand.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
hurts elbow

#LMJing

We know James can be a bit Dramatic...so pls understand.

Homie passed out!
hurts elbow

#LMJing

Normally I agree, but I'm assuming you haven't seen this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ISWDd2Y82w

That's why they're making it bigger than it seems
Originally posted by Quest4six:
hurts elbow

#LMJing

Normally I agree, but I'm assuming you haven't seen this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ISWDd2Y82w

That's why they're making it bigger than it seems

I don't understand
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Wonder who will take over KR/PR duties until LMJ returns?

I say Ellington.

+ McCray and Cox.

You bet! Now we can see some real competition for return duties. If a guy like Ellington wins outright we can now keep him active on game days and use him as a package WR too! Don't sleep on Cox, McCray or Campbell.

Devon Wylie has return abilities too. I think we'll be OK there. Might even find an upgrade over LMJ for return duties.

Glad you brought him up. He's probably my personal favorite but McCray or Campbell could also add real depth at S and ST. Wylie? Is he going to beat out Patton or Ellington?

I don't understand

Lol, nvm
Unbelievable, from overload at RB; to 2..
Originally posted by Raul98:
I like James hes not a power runner this offense likes but if Roman where to get creative and figure out how to use his speed to exploit mismatches he could be a decent weapon.

If Roman really does plan on using more 3 WR sets this year, LMJ instantly becomes a more viable option in the backfield. That's his game, let him play with some space. I think he could run out of these sets and be effective.
I am all for that we don't need LMJ to be a every down back or even a number 2 just bring him in on designed plays or outlet plays if hes on a slow line backer or something.
I like James hes not a power runner this offense likes but if Roman where to get creative and figure out how to use his speed to exploit mismatches he could be a decent weapon.

If Roman really does plan on using more 3 WR sets this year, LMJ instantly becomes a more viable option in the backfield. That's his game, let him play with some space. I think he could run out of these sets and be effective.
I am all for that we don't need LMJ to be a every down back or even a number 2 just bring him in on designed plays or outlet plays if hes on a slow line backer or something.

Agree.
Or if we EVER RUN A SCREEN PASS. Lol
Originally posted by crabman82:
i'd like to hear confirmation on whether he actually completed the block or if he folded like a cheap chair

Hahaha!

As a former player myself I'd like to know too!

Somehow I think Carlos Hyde won't ever have this issue...
Share 49ersWebzone