LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 372 users in the forums

Vic Fangio's second year defenses and beyond

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
"The Chronicle notes that the 49ers has given up more rushing yards in consecutive games than any team since Dennis Erickson's 2-14 squad in 2004. The 49ers miss Williams. They have given up ten touchdowns in 14 red zone trips. Harbaugh's team prides itself on its toughness, but they have been steam-rolled on occasion this season. We knew the secondary was going to be a problem. It's surprising that the front seven has had so many issues, and life is only going to get tougher with Smith leaving the team."

NFL.com
The defense is what is pissing me off. The Colts had OL troubles with a rookie RG.

There's a reason why we are not getting turnovers and that's because we are not force QB's into rushing to throw the ball. When we did blitz, we destroyed IND's OL.

Fangio better get his head out of his ass and start blitzing more.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The defense is what is pissing me off. The Colts had OL troubles with a rookie RG.

There's a reason why we are not getting turnovers and that's because we are not force QB's into rushing to throw the ball. When we did blitz, we destroyed IND's OL.

Fangio better get his head out of his ass and start blitzing more.

The offense can't pick up a 1st down or string together any drives and you're pissed off at the defense? In both the Seahawks and Colts games the defense kept the score low going into the 4th Quarter even though the offense had done absolutely nothing all game. Unfortunately the strength of the defense is in the starters and since they don't do a rotation they eventually get tired and have then been blown out in the 4th quarter because the offense STILL can't move the ball.
Yea I really think Fangio has to dial up some pressure. His scheme is so vanilla. These qbs are too good and pick apart the secondary. But another issue is that willis and bowman struggle at blitzing, & do a poor job hiding when they are blitzing. One time Bowman blitzed & he's at the line trying to juke out the guard as if he's a running back. And Brooks has been missing in action in terms of pass rushing.
Share 49ersWebzone