There are 242 users in the forums

2012 Salary Cap

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So, moving forward how is baalke going to use the 9-10 million from smiths contract?
Trying to resign Goldson would be a nice start. How much would re-tagging him cost?
Originally posted by paulk205:
Trying to resign Goldson would be a nice start. How much would re-tagging him cost?

7 mill i think
Originally posted by Allx9er:
So, moving forward how is baalke going to use the 9-10 million from smiths contract?

Take that plus extend Justin Smith and Donte Whitner, cut Haralson, maybe extend Goodwin for 1 or 2 more dummy like years, than extend Goldson, RJF, Walker would be my guy to keep. Moss maybe not so much now. mcBath and Brock on 1 yr minimum deals. Let Haggans, Sopoaga, Jacobs, Grant, and maybe L.Davis go for youth. Grant and Sopoaga more for them wanting more PT and Money.

Look into the following players.

Bowman
Kyle Williams
Iupati
Anthony Davis
Manningham
Brown

After 2013 when we can extend 2011 picks due to CBA.

Kaep
Aldon
Hunter
Miller
Cully

Also need to address Crabtree's future, signed through 2014, so we can do it in 2015 offfseason, maybe franchise tag if need be.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

7 mill i think

According to Maiocco it is 7.45M. He gets 120% raise of his current 6.212M, which is around 7.454.400 actually if my math was right.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Nov 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM ]

I'm a little more optimistic we can re -sign Goldson if we opt out of alex's contract.
I expect Alex Smith,Haralson and Akers are all going to be cut. That's over 16 million dollars in cap savings just with those 3. Akers has a 3,606,667 cap number next season. With the way he's kicked this season we're not paying him that amount.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I expect Alex Smith,Haralson and Akers are all going to be cut. That's over 16 million dollars in cap savings just with those 3. Akers has a 3,606,667 cap number next season. With the way he's kicked this season we're not paying him that amount.

Yeah, get rid of all three of those guys. I'm not sure how we're gunna sign bowman and goldson. I'm not sure if he'd take another FT. He wants a multi-year deal. I hope we don't have a hold out situation next summer. Baalke has to keep stacking up the youth and develop them to take the spots of guys who retire, leave, or get released.
Salaries that are going WAY up:
Aldon Smith
NaVorro Bowman
Colin Kaepernick

Salaries probably going up a lot:
Mike Iupati
Anthony Davis
Terell Brown
Chris Culliver

Salaries that might go up:
Michael Crabtree
RJF
Isaac Sopoaga

If we let go...
Alex Smith
Dashon Goldson
NaVorro Bowman
Goodwin
Akers
Ginn
Jacobs
Haralson

...we will probably be able to sign most of the rest of our players. I think we need to keep our O-line intact, I think that is more important than Goldson or Bowman. Bowman is going to command a monster of a contract, he will be the toughest loss. It would be amazing if we could work some miracle to keep him. Goldson would be a tough loss too, but there is no way on earth we can keep both.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM ]
No way we're letting Goldson or Bowman go.

Going to be hard to hold onto Goldson, Bowman, Iupati, Anthony Davis, Kap, Miller and Culliver but we will have to do our best because those guys are a big part of our future. But I agree guys like Ginn, Alex, Haralson, Akers, Jacobs, Sopoaga, etc might have to go to help out.
Yes players like Iupati,Bowman and a few others will get significant raises but others with big cap numbers will be removed from the roster due to performance or age. After this season or next I don't anticipate Gore-6.45 million,Alex Smith-9.75,Akers-3.6,Goodwin-5.0,Haralson-2.87, and Mannigham-4.95 to be on the roster. That's alot of money off the books . There are a couple of others that could be gone Rogers and I don't look for Justin Smith to have a cap number like the 8.5 million number he has in 2013. We will replace those big numbers with good young draft picks and keep the roster young and hungry. Baalke and company will do everything in their power to keep the talented young nucleus in place.
Yes players like Iupati,Bowman and a few others will get significant raises but others with big cap numbers will be removed from the roster due to performance or age. After this season or next I don't anticipate Gore-6.45 million,Alex Smith-9.75,Akers-3.6,Goodwin-5.0,Haralson-2.87, and Mannigham-4.95 to be on the roster. That's alot of money off the books . There are a couple of others that could be gone Rogers and I don't look for Justin Smith to have a cap number like the 8.5 million number he has in 2013. We will replace those big numbers with good young draft picks and keep the roster young and hungry. Baalke and company will do everything in their power to keep the talented young nucleus in place.

No way Manningham is cut, he is a good bet for a future starter. The rest are good as gone, except maybe Gore if he takes siginifacant amount less.

J.Smith will be redone, so not worried for him. Mentioned it wont make sense to cut Rogers due to only 400k saved, unless designated june 1 cut, but wont have that cap room till june 1st to spend.
Mannigham is a free agent after next season.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

No way Manningham is cut, he is a good bet for a future starter. The rest are good as gone, except maybe Gore if he takes siginifacant amount less.

J.Smith will be redone, so not worried for him. Mentioned it wont make sense to cut Rogers due to only 400k saved, unless designated june 1 cut, but wont have that cap room till june 1st to spend.

How do you think it will play out?
Is it possible to keep these guys... Bowman, Goldson, Iupati, A. Davis, Aldon Smith, Kaep into the future?
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone