LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 181 users in the forums

Who will replace Frank Gore in the coming year??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's unfortunate that that his talents were wasted in his prime. Dude deserves a ring.
I don't understand why everyone overlooks Hunter.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

I think they have him pegged as a finesse runner in a running scheme that puts priority on power running. Honestly, I don't think that's too far off the mark.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I think they have him pegged as a finesse runner in a running scheme that puts priority on power running. Honestly, I don't think that's too far off the mark.

I agree he seemed to be more of a finesse runner, but when the time came he would not shy away of going through a LB if he had to. His speed and size, makes defenses underestimate his toughness, and he is hard to tackle unless he's off balance. I think he potentially could be Gores replacement in training, but don't quote me on that.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

monte ball
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

He's 5'7"... more like a bigger version of Sproles.

But who knows, maybe he's more of a beast than we give him credit for.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
He's 5'7"... more like a bigger version of Sproles.

But who knows, maybe he's more of a beast than we give him credit for.

Hes an inch smaller and a pound lighter then Barry Sanders.
Frank Gore was a solid runner for us last year.. but he seems to have lost his receiver skills... dropped balls all year. If A. Smith needed someone to throw to if plays broke down Gore was always his guy. but last year was really a weird year for Gore and the passing game. and you could tell Gore was injured last year and still put up the 2nd best stats of his career. hope he has recovered and puts up monster stats this year! hes been one of my favorites and is still only 28-29years old.
Unfortunatly even though Gore is still pretty young, he has been used and abuse by the 49ers for many years now. I really dont think any RB has gone through what he has with the amount of weight he had to carry.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
I like OP's original thought with Stewart. I know Denver was looking at him though.
Originally posted by CMBieschke:
I really hope we draft Cyrus Gray from Texas A&M. He style of play really fits our team.

Cyrus the virus?
Who's to say Anthony Dixon can't take over? How do we really rate a guy that's had the least carries of our backfield...i know how most of our webzone "experts" judge him only by his annoying twitter account and because when he does get a carry, its not a automatic firstdown or touchdown. But WHO REALLY KNOWS what this darkhorse has? From being a football fan, every team has a hidden gem not being used.

Because he's not that tall......

Think in literal terms.....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Because he's not that tall......

Think in literal terms.....

Share 49ersWebzone