LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

FA WR -- can 49ers attract the right guy??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by niners94510:
anyone know if this is true....someone told me that if we make an offer to wallace, regardless if the steelers match the offer they get our 1st round pick??? supposedly its in the new collective bargaining agreement. if this is true then i see why no one has pursued him. I knew that if they did not match then they would get the pick but i didnt know that they get it no matter what

Not true at all, Punch whoever told you that in balls and rape his wife

ok thats what i thought but i was unsure...thanks
If we sign Manning, the FO will need to sign a good FA WR, then finish upgrading the receiving corps in the draft. It also points to Baalke drafting a top OG, to protect their investment. Manningham has never been a #1 WR...can't fault him for trying to get the best contract he can, but I believe he'd come running back to SF if they sign Peyton.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If we sign Manning, the FO will need to sign a good FA WR, then finish upgrading the receiving corps in the draft. It also points to Baalke drafting a top OG, to protect their investment. Manningham has never been a #1 WR...can't fault him for trying to get the best contract he can, but I believe he'd come running back to SF if they sign Peyton.

There isn't anyone left in FA. If we snag Peyton I'd love to see what he can do will Crabs, VD and Moss
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by niners94510:
anyone know if this is true....someone told me that if we make an offer to wallace, regardless if the steelers match the offer they get our 1st round pick??? supposedly its in the new collective bargaining agreement. if this is true then i see why no one has pursued him. I knew that if they did not match then they would get the pick but i didnt know that they get it no matter what

Not true at all, Punch whoever told you that in balls and rape his wife

Valrod, never change dood.
The Right Guy??? No FA WR's are even left on the market. There is no chance that we get Mike Wallace or Vjack, We singed moss who appears to be in top notch shape and will be able to spread the field and be a deep threat. I think we trade up for a good Draft pick WR or even pick one at #30.
Share 49ersWebzone