LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 234 users in the forums

Would anybody on last years roster...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Be on your all time 49ers team?

I say Willis Gore and J.Smith are really the only ones in the conversation and maybe V.Davis

What do you guys think?
J. Smith and Willis without question.

Gore was good not great last year and started slowing down. Still, convincing arguments can be made for either him or Craig,

Brent Jones was a very solid, important player but VD is an all-out beast so it's gotta be Davis at TE.
I don't know why, but I just never see Gore as an all time 49er. I don't know why. The guy hasn't done anything not to be one. Maybe it is because all we have done in the last 7 years is run heavy and Gore never carried this team into the playoffs (2006 very close). I just think Craig's ability is under rated. Dude's don't get 1000 rushing and 1000 receiving for s**ts and giggles.

Vernon, I would easily call an all time 49er due to what he's working with. Crap QB, crap systems, run-heavy...and he still scares teams AND he can block like a mofo.

Justin Smith: easily but he has to put in a few more years. BY is the measuring stick here in terms of longevity and ability.

Willis: in a heartbeat

Here are more without question:
Brian Jennings, Andy Lee

Here are some future all timers pending their time with team:
Bowman, Goldson, Brooks, Aldon Smith, Ice, Ray Mac --- can't leave out what was part of one of the greatest front 7's ever.
Vernon
Lee
Smith
WIllis
Gore
Jennings
Originally posted by BleedRednGold84:
Be on your all time 49ers team?

I say Willis Gore and J.Smith are really the only ones in the conversation and maybe V.Davis

What do you guys think?

wow , Patrick willis you don't see his play cuz he gets lost in the Middle but his play is when no one ran on us for 100 yards untill he got hurt ! Wow
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lee
The overall list could be huge, going back to QB's like Y A Tittle & John Brodie let alone Monttana & Young

To go right too your question:

Gore - he's done it all BUT hasn't been on a SBowl team - yet
Willis - Easy money on that one. He may go down as the BEST LB we've ever had and maybe one of the all-time greats of the NFL - he's headed in that direction and it's just a matter of time.

Justin - Same as Willis. BY will always be the one that all others will be measured against. You have to put Fred Dean as one of the all-time Niner greats too.

Lee - hands down the very best punter we've ever had

Jennings - same as Lee but for a long snapper, the guy is reallly ioncredible

Wershing for KO/FG but if Akers keeps playing like he has it will come down to the time he plays for us

Vernon for sure
Gore is the best runner I've ever seen on the Niners, and I go back to the early walsh days when they had no one.

Bowman is coming on strong if he continues like he is playing he deserves some run.

Aldon Smith give the guy some time and he could be right up there.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't know why, but I just never see Gore as an all time 49er. I don't know why. The guy hasn't done anything not to be one. Maybe it is because all we have done in the last 7 years is run heavy and Gore never carried this team into the playoffs (2006 very close). I just think Craig's ability is under rated. Dude's don't get 1000 rushing and 1000 receiving for s**ts and giggles.

Vernon, I would easily call an all time 49er due to what he's working with. Crap QB, crap systems, run-heavy...and he still scares teams AND he can block like a mofo.

Justin Smith: easily but he has to put in a few more years. BY is the measuring stick here in terms of longevity and ability.

Willis: in a heartbeat

Here are more without question:
Brian Jennings, Andy Lee

Here are some future all timers pending their time with team:
Bowman, Goldson, Brooks, Aldon Smith, Ice, Ray Mac --- can't leave out what was part of one of the greatest front 7's ever.

I wouldn't put the failures on Gore. We had crappy play at QB, WR, Defense, and horrible coaching.

Well, I am going against the flow and saying Brent Jones would be selected ahead of Davis.

A place would be found for Willis for sure, and I think this is the best punt/kick team we have ever had. And actually Ted Ginn is the best kick returner I can recall.

Either Craig or Hearst are going to keep Gore out of the running right now IMO but if he can put in another couple of years he may pip them. Illustrious company Frank, nothing to be ashamed of.

And that's it right now. It was a young team. You can't expect much more at this stage.
Gore, Willis, and Lee.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Pat willis and Akers
Brian Jennings
is it by season? Cause plenty of guys from the D had all-time Niner seasons for one of the best defenses in team history (if not THE best.)

Pat, Frank, Vern are already all-time Niners as the core of this era. Cowboy is right there as he writes his passage into Niner lore, the rest have to do it a few more times before they can be considered in the pantheon of all-time greats.
Share 49ersWebzone